I can't get on the internet

Wireless_wireless

I can't get on the internet
When I first set up my laptop, I set up a network. The setup recommended a
secure one so I selected that. I don't remember entering a password, but now
when I try to access the network, it requests one. I thought I could just
set up a new network with a different name, but I can't access that. The
router works fine directly connected to the host computer. The laptop can
access other wireless networks, such as at the public library. What do I
need to do?
Barb Bowman

Re: I can't get on the internet
used a computer wired to the router and login to set up the network
again, not the laptop.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Wireless_wireless

Re: I can't get on the internet
I set up a new network on the host computer which runs ME. When I try to
access from the laptop, it requests a password. I did not make the new
network secure on the host computer.

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> used a computer wired to the router and login to set up the network
> again, not the laptop.
>
> On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:41:00 -0800, Wireless_wireless
> <Wireless_wireless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >When I first set up my laptop, I set up a network. The setup recommended a
> >secure one so I selected that. I don't remember entering a password, but now
> >when I try to access the network, it requests one. I thought I could just
> >set up a new network with a different name, but I can't access that. The
> >router works fine directly connected to the host computer. The laptop can
> >access other wireless networks, such as at the public library. What do I
> >need to do?

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Barb Bowman

Re: I can't get on the internet
what exact brand and model router are you using? or are you NOT
using a router? please provide some details of the computers and
hardware on your network.

you posted that you cannot get on the Internet. from a wireless
laptop. what is this laptop trying to connect TO?

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 05:20:01 -0800, Wireless_wireless
<Wirelesswireless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I set up a new network on the host computer which runs ME. When I try to
>access from the laptop, it requests a password. I did not make the new
>network secure on the host computer.
>
>"Barb Bowman" wrote:
>
>> used a computer wired to the router and login to set up the network
>> again, not the laptop.
>>
>> On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:41:00 -0800, Wireless_wireless
>> <Wireless_wireless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >When I first set up my laptop, I set up a network. The setup recommended a
>> >secure one so I selected that. I don't remember entering a password, but now
>> >when I try to access the network, it requests one. I thought I could just
>> >set up a new network with a different name, but I can't access that. The
>> >router works fine directly connected to the host computer. The laptop can
>> >access other wireless networks, such as at the public library. What do I
>> >need to do?

>> --
>>
>> Barb Bowman
>> MS Windows-MVP