Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

"no permission" to acess files on network

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2008
gun
 

Posts: n/a
"no permission" to acess files on network
My Vista laptop is networked with XP desktop.
No matter what I try, I can't access Vista laptop files from the XP PC, get
the dreaded "no permission....." error.
However I can access XP PC files from the Vista Laptop.
Both computers see each others Folders, however when I click on one of the
Vista documents from the XP, then "permission denied".

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2008
Pastor Clare
 

Posts: n/a
RE: "no permission" to acess files on network
This is exactly my same problem. Sure would like some help too. Thanks!

--
Clare


"gun" wrote:

> My Vista laptop is networked with XP desktop.
> No matter what I try, I can't access Vista laptop files from the XP PC, get
> the dreaded "no permission....." error.
> However I can access XP PC files from the Vista Laptop.
> Both computers see each others Folders, however when I click on one of the
> Vista documents from the XP, then "permission denied".
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2008
sayso
 

Posts: n/a
RE: "no permission" to acess files on network
Same here. I have two laptops running Vista Home Premium [wireless] and a
wired XP machince with SP2 and all the recent updates.

All the machines are on the same Workgroup and on the Vista Machines the
appropriate network discovery/file sharing settings are set. I can see all
machines from the other machines so my XP machine sees both Vista Laptops and
vice versa. My Vista laptops can open and modify any of the XP machines
files. My XP machine can see the Vista machines but cannot access the files
neither can each laptop access files on the other Laptop. I have gone through
and set all the relevant folder permissions [hence why they can be 'seen' by
the XP machine and other laptop] but i can't figure out what to do next.......

Any help appreciated......

"Pastor Clare" wrote:

> This is exactly my same problem. Sure would like some help too. Thanks!
>
> --
> Clare
>
>
> "gun" wrote:
>
> > My Vista laptop is networked with XP desktop.
> > No matter what I try, I can't access Vista laptop files from the XP PC, get
> > the dreaded "no permission....." error.
> > However I can access XP PC files from the Vista Laptop.
> > Both computers see each others Folders, however when I click on one of the
> > Vista documents from the XP, then "permission denied".
> >

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2008
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "no permission" to acess files on network
There two places to assign permissions. Have you assigned permission in the
Security tab. Or this search result may help.

Vista Permission IssuesCan't access Vista because of password protection
Can't access Vista C because of no permission in Security · Can't
Reading\Writing to External Hard Drive ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapermission.htm


--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
http://www.HowToNetworking.com


"gun" <guschwa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:5E36B861-FC90-4039-8B11-C3DE0EE6487F@microsoft.com...
> My Vista laptop is networked with XP desktop.
> No matter what I try, I can't access Vista laptop files from the XP PC,
> get the dreaded "no permission....." error.
> However I can access XP PC files from the Vista Laptop.
> Both computers see each others Folders, however when I click on one of the
> Vista documents from the XP, then "permission denied".


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2008
gun
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "no permission" to acess files on network
I am having a head ache from all this reading.
Nothing seems to work and I am a New-Be.
I don't understand half of it, if anybody comes up with a step by step
resolution I would surely appreciate if it was posted here.



"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <blinNoEmailplease@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:eRsC1CuYIHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> There two places to assign permissions. Have you assigned permission in
> the Security tab. Or this search result may help.
>
> Vista Permission IssuesCan't access Vista because of password protection
> Can't access Vista C because of no permission in Security · Can't
> Reading\Writing to External Hard Drive ...
> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapermission.htm
>
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>
>
> "gun" <guschwa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:5E36B861-FC90-4039-8B11-C3DE0EE6487F@microsoft.com...
>> My Vista laptop is networked with XP desktop.
>> No matter what I try, I can't access Vista laptop files from the XP PC,
>> get the dreaded "no permission....." error.
>> However I can access XP PC files from the Vista Laptop.
>> Both computers see each others Folders, however when I click on one of
>> the Vista documents from the XP, then "permission denied".

>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2008
Pastor Clare
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "no permission" to acess files on network
Wow! I finally found my answer:
http://winhlp.com/node/179
Thanks to another thread today.
--
Clare


"gun" wrote:

> I am having a head ache from all this reading.
> Nothing seems to work and I am a New-Be.
> I don't understand half of it, if anybody comes up with a step by step
> resolution I would surely appreciate if it was posted here.
>
>
>
> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <blinNoEmailplease@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:eRsC1CuYIHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > There two places to assign permissions. Have you assigned permission in
> > the Security tab. Or this search result may help.
> >
> > Vista Permission IssuesCan't access Vista because of password protection
> > Can't access Vista C because of no permission in Security Can't
> > Reading\Writing to External Hard Drive ...
> > www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapermission.htm
> >
> >
> > --
> > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
> > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
> > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> >
> >
> > "gun" <guschwa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:5E36B861-FC90-4039-8B11-C3DE0EE6487F@microsoft.com...
> >> My Vista laptop is networked with XP desktop.
> >> No matter what I try, I can't access Vista laptop files from the XP PC,
> >> get the dreaded "no permission....." error.
> >> However I can access XP PC files from the Vista Laptop.
> >> Both computers see each others Folders, however when I click on one of
> >> the Vista documents from the XP, then "permission denied".

> >

>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ID: 936970 Error message when you work in a Terminal Services session and save a document in a 2007 Office program to a redirected drive: "There has been a network or file permission error" KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
"Destination Folder Acess Denied" Andrew M microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 1 05-28-2007 08:57
Can't find "Temp" folder or writer acess denied =?Utf-8?B?dG9ybW9kZm9zcw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 04-18-2007 00:07
Internet Explorer 7 for Windows Vista not prompting me to "Open/Run" or "Save" files Brandon Taylor microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 04-01-2007 22:45
Re: "What's the deal with UAC (Windows Needs Your Permission screens)" and "...But I thought I was an administrator" newtech microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 0 03-30-2007 07:47




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:20.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120