Network Drivers Incompatible after Automatic Update

Neurosoft Neil

Network Drivers Incompatible after Automatic Update
I have just upgraded from XP to Vista Ultimate and everything works fine,
including my network connection.

Because I have recently installed, Windows wants to download about 40
updates, about 400MB.

After the automatic updates I get the following:

- A repeated message saying there is an incompatible driver and it is being
stopped
- Failure of my network hardware

I have downloaded the network card driver from the internet (Dell) which
makes no difference to the problem.

Any thought or suggestions very welcome.

Thanks,

Neil
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Network Drivers Incompatible after Automatic Update
As we know the KB933566 may has some issues. Check this link for more
details.

Vista Update and SPVista Update and SP. Can't access the Internet after
installed Update The Update improves the performance and reliability of
Vista. Windows Vista Update and ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaupdate.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Neurosoft Neil" <NeurosoftNeil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just upgraded from XP to Vista Ultimate and everything works fine,
> including my network connection.
>
> Because I have recently installed, Windows wants to download about 40
> updates, about 400MB.
>
> After the automatic updates I get the following:
>
> - A repeated message saying there is an incompatible driver and it is
> being
> stopped
> - Failure of my network hardware
>
> I have downloaded the network card driver from the internet (Dell) which
> makes no difference to the problem.
>
> Any thought or suggestions very welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Neil

Barb Bowman

Re: Network Drivers Incompatible after Automatic Update
block the driver (hide the update) that is causing this issue. do a
check for updates, then CUSTOM as opposed to Express

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 05:23:01 -0800, Neurosoft Neil

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Neurosoft Neil

Re: Network Drivers Incompatible after Automatic Update
Thanks for this... but my problem is that I lose my network connection
altogether - I can't even see the router - the key is the driver
imcompatibility message - because of this the networking services are shut
down.

It appears that one of the updates is creating an incompatibility that
wasn't there before the automatic update.

Neil

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> As we know the KB933566 may has some issues. Check this link for more
> details.
>
> Vista Update and SPVista Update and SP. Can't access the Internet after
> installed Update The Update improves the performance and reliability of
> Vista. Windows Vista Update and ...
> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaupdate.htm
>

> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Neurosoft Neil" <NeurosoftNeil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have just upgraded from XP to Vista Ultimate and everything works fine,
> > including my network connection.
> >
> > Because I have recently installed, Windows wants to download about 40
> > updates, about 400MB.
> >
> > After the automatic updates I get the following:
> >
> > - A repeated message saying there is an incompatible driver and it is
> > being
> > stopped
> > - Failure of my network hardware
> >
> > I have downloaded the network card driver from the internet (Dell) which
> > makes no difference to the problem.
> >
> > Any thought or suggestions very welcome.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Neil

Neurosoft Neil

Re: Network Drivers Incompatible after Automatic Update
Thanks.

Good idea, though I have 2 issues with it:

1. How do I know which update - trial and error or something more scientific?
2. In future, will I always have to suppress this update and any relating to
it?

A more permanent solution would be ideal - though I'll run with this for now
if I can identify the update causing the problem.

Neil

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> block the driver (hide the update) that is causing this issue. do a
> check for updates, then CUSTOM as opposed to Express
>
> On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 05:23:01 -0800, Neurosoft Neil
> <NeurosoftNeil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have just upgraded from XP to Vista Ultimate and everything works fine,
> >including my network connection.
> >
> >Because I have recently installed, Windows wants to download about 40
> >updates, about 400MB.
> >
> >After the automatic updates I get the following:
> >
> >- A repeated message saying there is an incompatible driver and it is being
> >stopped
> >- Failure of my network hardware
> >
> >I have downloaded the network card driver from the internet (Dell) which
> >makes no difference to the problem.
> >
> >Any thought or suggestions very welcome.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Neil

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Barb Bowman

Re: Network Drivers Incompatible after Automatic Update
network driver updates are identified as such if you go into Custom
and display the individual updates.

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 06:39:01 -0800, Neurosoft Neil
<NeurosoftNeil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks.
>
>Good idea, though I have 2 issues with it:
>
>1. How do I know which update - trial and error or something more scientific?
>2. In future, will I always have to suppress this update and any relating to
>it?
>
>A more permanent solution would be ideal - though I'll run with this for now
>if I can identify the update causing the problem.
>
>Neil
>
>"Barb Bowman" wrote:
>
>> block the driver (hide the update) that is causing this issue. do a
>> check for updates, then CUSTOM as opposed to Express
>>
>> On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 05:23:01 -0800, Neurosoft Neil
>> <NeurosoftNeil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I have just upgraded from XP to Vista Ultimate and everything works fine,
>> >including my network connection.
>> >
>> >Because I have recently installed, Windows wants to download about 40
>> >updates, about 400MB.
>> >
>> >After the automatic updates I get the following:
>> >
>> >- A repeated message saying there is an incompatible driver and it is being
>> >stopped
>> >- Failure of my network hardware
>> >
>> >I have downloaded the network card driver from the internet (Dell) which
>> >makes no difference to the problem.
>> >
>> >Any thought or suggestions very welcome.
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >
>> >Neil

>> --
>>
>> Barb Bowman