can't access shared forders on vista computer through VPN

=?Utf-8?B?cGV0ZXJrcDA3?=

can't access shared forders on vista computer through VPN
I have a Vista Business at work and want to access its shared folders from
home from a laptop that I bring home that runs WinXP Pro. There is a VPN
connection to my work network. I can ping the Vista machine and even connect
to it through Remote Desktop from home (I post this message being connected
to the Vista machine).
I can access the Vista machine from the same laptop when I am at work.
In the network sharing center on the Vista machine everything is on except
media sharing. The network type is private.
If I disable the Windows Firewall I can connect from home, however I do not
want to run in this mode.

What changes to the Windows Firewall do I need to do (i.e. allow exceptions
fopr some programs or set some rules) to gain access through to the shared
files on the Vista machine?

Thanks,
Peter
Rama Amaravadi [MSFT]

Re: can't access shared forders on vista computer through VPN
Peter,
Enable "File and Printer Sharing" exception on Windows Firewall.

--
Thanks,
Rama Amaravadi [MSFT]