Sharing from Vista to XP

Scott S.

Sharing from Vista to XP
I am at a loss here. I have a Vista Ultimate machine with a huge audio
library. I am trying to share it across a local network to XP Professional
machines. All the machines use OneCare live as the firewall. Network
discovery, File and Printer Sharing, Media Center Extender and Streaming
Media are set to On. When I click on the Media Sharing in WMP11 (Vista
Machine) all it shows for “Share my media to:” is “Other users of this PC”.
I have installed KB922120 on the XP machines to no avail. All machines are
on the same workgroup. On the Vista machine under “Network and Sharing
Center Network Discovery, File Sharing, Printer Sharing, and Media Sharing
are all on. Side note: All the XP machines can access the Vista shared
printer with no problem.
Bob

Re: Sharing from Vista to XP
Try moving or copying the files to the Public Music folder.

"Scott S." <ScottS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am at a loss here. I have a Vista Ultimate machine with a huge audio
> library. I am trying to share it across a local network to XP
> Professional
> machines. All the machines use OneCare live as the firewall. Network
> discovery, File and Printer Sharing, Media Center Extender and Streaming
> Media are set to On. When I click on the Media Sharing in WMP11 (Vista
> Machine) all it shows for “Share my media to:” is “Other users of this PC”.
> I have installed KB922120 on the XP machines to no avail. All machines
> are
> on the same workgroup. On the Vista machine under “Network and Sharing
> Center Network Discovery, File Sharing, Printer Sharing, and Media Sharing
> are all on. Side note: All the XP machines can access the Vista shared
> printer with no problem.

Mick Murphy

Re: Sharing from Vista to XP

How to give Permissions are there, too.
If you are running Norton, etc’s Firewall, check its settings.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)