Connection Properties Sharing Tab Disappeared in Vista!!!

basketcase_bos

Connection Properties Sharing Tab Disappeared in Vista!!!
I have seen quite a few other cases of this online but so far NOONE has an
answer!!
I have been struggling trying to get my 360 connected to pc via ICS after
upgrading on vista (worked fine on xp). Now the weirdest thing has happened.

I have previously enabled ICS for my wireless connection, but now when I go
to properties the entire tab for sharing has disappeared. So I can no longer
disable it... or do anything sharing related. It was definately there
before!! And the connection is showing up as shared... but now I cannot get
back to this tab!

As I said there are other cases of this online but noone has found a
solution - please help!!
Fatal_Exception

RE: Connection Properties Sharing Tab Disappeared in Vista!!!
I take it that you check to make sure the ICS service is running, eh?

Have you uninstalled Norton on this system? (This sometimes has a negative
affect on many things 'network' related.. Just in case, I have seen this
post help others:

Of course, the natural disclaimer applies: BACKUP the registry keys before
changing anything!

1. Open regedit
2. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SharedAccess
3. Delete the entry for the DependOnService
4. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\wscsvc
5. Delete the entry for the DependOnService
6. Close out regedit and Restart
--
FE
Wm P

"basketcase_bos" wrote:

> I have seen quite a few other cases of this online but so far NOONE has an
> answer!!
> I have been struggling trying to get my 360 connected to pc via ICS after
> upgrading on vista (worked fine on xp). Now the weirdest thing has happened.
>
> I have previously enabled ICS for my wireless connection, but now when I go
> to properties the entire tab for sharing has disappeared. So I can no longer
> disable it... or do anything sharing related. It was definately there
> before!! And the connection is showing up as shared... but now I cannot get
> back to this tab!
>
> As I said there are other cases of this online but noone has found a
> solution - please help!!

basketcase_bos

RE: Connection Properties Sharing Tab Disappeared in Vista!!!
Hey thanks for your reply.

Yes I have checked to ensure ICS service is running, tried stopping,
restarting disabling etc as well.....

it seems its 'stuck on' the connection now as even when i manually disable
the service, the connection status remains "shared" with no method of
unticking the little box...

Any other ideas?

"Fatal_Exception" wrote:

> I take it that you check to make sure the ICS service is running, eh?
>
> Have you uninstalled Norton on this system? (This sometimes has a negative
> affect on many things 'network' related.. Just in case, I have seen this
> post help others:
>
> Of course, the natural disclaimer applies: BACKUP the registry keys before
> changing anything!
>
> 1. Open regedit
> 2. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SharedAccess
> 3. Delete the entry for the DependOnService
> 4. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\wscsvc
> 5. Delete the entry for the DependOnService
> 6. Close out regedit and Restart
> --
> FE
> Wm P
> MVP Microsoft Networking
> MCP | CCNA | A+
>

> "basketcase_bos" wrote:
>
> > I have seen quite a few other cases of this online but so far NOONE has an
> > answer!!
> > I have been struggling trying to get my 360 connected to pc via ICS after
> > upgrading on vista (worked fine on xp). Now the weirdest thing has happened.
> >
> > I have previously enabled ICS for my wireless connection, but now when I go
> > to properties the entire tab for sharing has disappeared. So I can no longer
> > disable it... or do anything sharing related. It was definately there
> > before!! And the connection is showing up as shared... but now I cannot get
> > back to this tab!
> >
> > As I said there are other cases of this online but noone has found a
> > solution - please help!!

Fatal_Exception

RE: Connection Properties Sharing Tab Disappeared in Vista!!!
You might try uninstalling (Device Manager) the NIC Adapter on which the ICS
is running and then rebooting.. Hopefully, it will reinstall the network
stack..

And, disable any other NICs you might have installed...

Also, if you are not using IPv6, and after you reinstall the NIC, you might
try removing this version, unless of course, you are using IPv6 and not v4..
--
FE
Wm P

"basketcase_bos" wrote:

> Hey thanks for your reply.
>
> Yes I have checked to ensure ICS service is running, tried stopping,
> restarting disabling etc as well.....
>
> it seems its 'stuck on' the connection now as even when i manually disable
> the service, the connection status remains "shared" with no method of
> unticking the little box...
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> "Fatal_Exception" wrote:
>
> > I take it that you check to make sure the ICS service is running, eh?
> >
> > Have you uninstalled Norton on this system? (This sometimes has a negative
> > affect on many things 'network' related.. Just in case, I have seen this
> > post help others:
> >
> > Of course, the natural disclaimer applies: BACKUP the registry keys before
> > changing anything!
> >
> > 1. Open regedit
> > 2. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SharedAccess
> > 3. Delete the entry for the DependOnService
> > 4. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\wscsvc
> > 5. Delete the entry for the DependOnService
> > 6. Close out regedit and Restart
> > --
> > FE
> > Wm P
> > MVP Microsoft Networking
> > MCP | CCNA | A+
> >

> > "basketcase_bos" wrote:
> >
> > > I have seen quite a few other cases of this online but so far NOONE has an
> > > answer!!
> > > I have been struggling trying to get my 360 connected to pc via ICS after
> > > upgrading on vista (worked fine on xp). Now the weirdest thing has happened.
> > >
> > > I have previously enabled ICS for my wireless connection, but now when I go
> > > to properties the entire tab for sharing has disappeared. So I can no longer
> > > disable it... or do anything sharing related. It was definately there
> > > before!! And the connection is showing up as shared... but now I cannot get
> > > back to this tab!
> > >
> > > As I said there are other cases of this online but noone has found a
> > > solution - please help!!

Nedim

"basketcase_bos" wrote:

> I have seen quite a few other cases of this online but so far NOONE has an
> answer!!
> I have been struggling trying to get my 360 connected to pc via ICS after
> upgrading on vista (worked fine on xp). Now the weirdest thing has happened.
>
> I have previously enabled ICS for my wireless connection, but now when I go
> to properties the entire tab for sharing has disappeared. So I can no longer
> disable it... or do anything sharing related. It was definately there
> before!! And the connection is showing up as shared... but now I cannot get
> back to this tab!
>
> As I said there are other cases of this online but noone has found a
> solution - please help!!

Nedim

RE: Connection Properties Sharing Tab Disappeared in Vista!!!
I have the same exact problem I am very frustrated with it and I cannot find
any help

"basketcase_bos" wrote:

> I have seen quite a few other cases of this online but so far NOONE has an
> answer!!
> I have been struggling trying to get my 360 connected to pc via ICS after
> upgrading on vista (worked fine on xp). Now the weirdest thing has happened.
>
> I have previously enabled ICS for my wireless connection, but now when I go
> to properties the entire tab for sharing has disappeared. So I can no longer
> disable it... or do anything sharing related. It was definately there
> before!! And the connection is showing up as shared... but now I cannot get
> back to this tab!
>
> As I said there are other cases of this online but noone has found a
> solution - please help!!

Rich0325

Re: Connection Properties Sharing Tab Disappeared in Vista!!!

OK - I have solved this problem.
It is very simple.
Firstly go to Network Connections, where your Wireless router icons
appear. You should have a second icon, that appeared when you set up the
shared connection. I have renamed mine X-box connection (or similar).
Simply select this icon, then right click it and Enable it. Once
Enabled, the Main Router Icon should now indicated that that it is
identifying the network. It should then show that is is shared.
Right click it (i.e. your main router Icon) and you should now see the
Sharing Tab.
Rich0325:

--
Rich0325