SLIP/UNIX Dialup Connection

Shiv

SLIP/UNIX Dialup Connection
I need to create a Dialup connection to an OS2 machine running SLIP. In
Windows XP, the networking option to choose a SLIP/UNIX connection was there,
whereby no authentication was required on the server side. However in Vista,
there is only PPP, and I cannot connect to the machine, as I keep getting
rejected while the remote machine checks for authentication. I have installed
UNIX components from the Programs and Features, but it does not help.

Is there any third-party application I can use (for example, I downloaded
Hilgraeve hyperterminal client, as Vista has it removed by default). Its
really important, as I cannot support the older systems this way.

Thanks

ECI

RE: SLIP/UNIX Dialup Connection
hey, have you rsolved this problem? looks like we share the same one and
require SLIP driver for Vista...

"Shiv" wrote:

> I need to create a Dialup connection to an OS2 machine running SLIP. In
> Windows XP, the networking option to choose a SLIP/UNIX connection was there,
> whereby no authentication was required on the server side. However in Vista,
> there is only PPP, and I cannot connect to the machine, as I keep getting
> rejected while the remote machine checks for authentication. I have installed
> UNIX components from the Programs and Features, but it does not help.
>
> Is there any third-party application I can use (for example, I downloaded
> Hilgraeve hyperterminal client, as Vista has it removed by default). Its
> really important, as I cannot support the older systems this way.
>
> Thanks

peterb is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SLIP driver for VISTA
Have you solved the problem? Have you found a SLIP driver? I need the SLIP driver for an application that runs on Windows XP right now but looking to make that application available on VISTA.

sagizar is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: SLIP driver for VISTA
Hi,
We developed at my company (Giant Steps) a "SLIP Connection Manager" that work for all windows OS.
This includes XP, Vista32, Vista64.
For more details please email: gil@giant-steps.com
Regards,
Sagi