WLAN Autoconfig doesn't start

Elprusio

WLAN Autoconfig doesn't start
Hi,

I have no wireless network connection because my WLAN autoconfig won't start
up.
When i go to my services and start my WLAN Autoconfig , i get the following
message:

Error 3 : The system cannot find the path specified

Can i reinstall this service ?
How can i solve this problem ?

Vista Business is running on my new Dell Vostro 1700 Laptop.

thanks.
gr Hans
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: WLAN Autoconfig doesn't start
Make sure all dependencies are running. Also any errors in the Event Viewer?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Elprusio" <Elprusio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have no wireless network connection because my WLAN autoconfig won't
> start
> up.
> When i go to my services and start my WLAN Autoconfig , i get the
> following
> message:
>
> Error 3 : The system cannot find the path specified
>
> Can i reinstall this service ?
> How can i solve this problem ?
>
> Vista Business is running on my new Dell Vostro 1700 Laptop.
>
> thanks.
> gr Hans

Elprusio

Re: WLAN Autoconfig doesn't start

How can i see my dependencies ?
In my eventviewer i see the error i get:

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Make sure all dependencies are running. Also any errors in the Event Viewer?
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Elprusio" <Elprusio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have no wireless network connection because my WLAN autoconfig won't
> > start
> > up.
> > When i go to my services and start my WLAN Autoconfig , i get the
> > following
> > message:
> >
> > Error 3 : The system cannot find the path specified
> >
> > Can i reinstall this service ?
> > How can i solve this problem ?
> >
> > Vista Business is running on my new Dell Vostro 1700 Laptop.
> >
> > thanks.
> > gr Hans

seajamit

Re: WLAN Autoconfig doesn't start
restart wlan autoconfig go to start - control panel - Administrative Tools -
Computer Management - select services and applications - then select services
- scroll down to find WLAN Autoconfig - then select restart this service and
see what happens
--
Jamie

"Elprusio" wrote:

> How can i see my dependencies ?
> In my eventviewer i see the error i get:
> Error 3 : The system cannot find the path specified
>
> gr Hans
>

> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Make sure all dependencies are running. Also any errors in the Event Viewer?
> >
> > --
> > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
> > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
> > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> >

> > "Elprusio" <Elprusio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have no wireless network connection because my WLAN autoconfig won't
> > > start
> > > up.
> > > When i go to my services and start my WLAN Autoconfig , i get the
> > > following
> > > message:
> > >
> > > Error 3 : The system cannot find the path specified
> > >
> > > Can i reinstall this service ?
> > > How can i solve this problem ?
> > >
> > > Vista Business is running on my new Dell Vostro 1700 Laptop.
> > >
> > > thanks.
> > > gr Hans

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: WLAN Autoconfig doesn't start
These two posts may help too.

Wireless Zero Configuration not ...Wireless Zero Configuration not starting
.... In previous posting I described a problem with a Dell laptop, not
activating > Wireless Zero Configuration. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...f6ef3 9cf3f59
- Similar pages

Can't activate Wireless Zero ...
Can't activate Wireless Zero Configuration service ... I am not
personally familar with DLink's tools, but there may be a place in ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?p=2928