Re: White Screen crash in IE 7

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: White Screen crash in IE 7
(cross-post added to Vista Networking)
"onemulligan" <onemulligan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7A96964D-3D40-4DE6-A474-6EA91F64A58C@microsoft.com...
>I can either change a page or go to close IE 7 and get a blank white page.
> Get message IE 7 not responding. Then can't open again or get email. I have
> to "shut down" by hitting reset button because if I try to restart computer
> it will hang on Shut Down. This has been happening for about 2 weeks about
> once a day or every 6 or 7 times I open IE. I am using Windows Vista
> Ultimate. I have no idea why and if anyone can help I would appreciate it.
> Thank you

These symptoms indicate you have a problem more to do with your OS
than with IE, perhaps to do with your networking device but I suppose it
could also be a symptom of malware being present. Cross-posting
to Vista Networking. I don't have your OS but I don't think it should hang
the way you are describing.

---

pocketpets is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IE and white screen
This is what my computer has been doing..and I have added nothing new..changed no settings. About 1/2 the time IE does not start..then if I try to close it it will give the option of restarting..closing..and if I click on close..the screen turns white and can do nothing. If I start task manager it will not close down when I tell it to..VERY frustrating.. I am wondering if one of the updates from Microsoft messed with some settings.

HELP???
propman

Re: White Screen crash in IE 7
pocketpets wrote:
> This is what my computer has been doing..and I have added nothing
> new..changed no settings. About 1/2 the time IE does not start..then if
> I try to close it it will give the option of restarting..closing..and if
> I click on close..the screen turns white and can do nothing. If I start
> task manager it will not close down when I tell it to..VERY
> frustrating.. I am wondering if one of the updates from Microsoft
> messed with some settings.
>
> HELP???

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936211

Might want to install Firefox (freeware) web browser to log onto MS:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Brink

Re: White Screen crash in IE 7

pocketpets;715351 Wrote:
> This is what my computer has been doing..and I have added nothing
> new..changed no settings. About 1/2 the time IE does not start..then if
> I try to close it it will give the option of restarting..closing..and
> if
> I click on close..the screen turns white and can do nothing. If I start
> task manager it will not close down when I tell it to..VERY
> frustrating.. I am wondering if one of the updates from Microsoft
> messed with some settings.
>
> HELP???
>

> --
> pocketpets

Hi Pocketpets,

You may have a bad add-on installed in IE causing this. This tutorial
will show you how to check and fix it if this is the problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...rer-reset.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--