No Connection

Lithy

No Connection
Okay, I've seen a lot of pages about this but nothing that fits my prob
exactly.
I have a desktop and laptop that run on XP and they connect to each other
fine, but my new Toshiba laptop runs Vista and I get the limited/no
connectivity thing...I can't see any files on either of the other computers
and no internet either.

I checked on my desktop under the advanced properties for my router and the
ICS is not checked, when I check it and click OK a thing pops up saying that
and error occured, that the IP is being used by another computer in the
network...but I'm pretty sure neither of them are. What can I do?
Night

Re: No Connection

Ok, i've been considering several ways to answer your question, the main
issue however is i don't have enough information. Are you using multiple
Network cards or adapters (same thing) on one machine or multiple
machines creating a daisy chain network, or are you using a router, if
so is it wired/wireless... which machines are connected in which
method...

soon as you answer that i can get a better understanding and give you a
proper answer, in the meantime you could try it out on your own and
simply go to this article from Computer World.

'Computer World - Teach XP and Vista to play nice on networks'
(http://www.computerworld.com/action/...leId=9019 179)

hope this helps.

--
Night
Lithy

Re: No Connection
Hey,
Thank you so much for the post, I do appreciate that you took the time to
read mine. I actually figured out what was wrong after I posted but I
couldn't find my post.

If anyone else has this problem this is what I did.
The network key the the XP assigns when you do network setup was not the key
I used when I set up the router. To get on the same connection, I needed to
input the key that I set my router to. Not the one the XP assigned when I
did set up a small/home office for wireless. Hopefully that doesn't confuse
anyone who tries to use this as help.

Thanks again for your post.