How to bypass TCP/IP Connection limits ? (Event ID 4226 )

DJ_GLOOR

How to bypass TCP/IP Connection limits ? (Event ID 4226 )
Hi there,
I want to know if there is any way to bypass the TCP/IP connection
limitations in Vista Home premium as of jan 2008? Event ID 4226. I know in
the past there were patches out there but none of them work anymore.
I am not encouraging any P2P here but it's anoying to download at 20K/sec
when you have a P2P group/server between friends to excahnge huge files for
work!
Microsoft maybe thought about the pirates.. but what about the honest people
that need loads of connections for work and can't get them open ?
Let me know if someone has a new patch or idea.
Cheers
Hobo

Re: How to bypass TCP/IP Connection limits ? (Event ID 4226 )
Might want to check with your ISP and ask if they are
low-prioritizing P2P connections. Mine does, and depending
upon the amount of traffic on their system, my P2P speeds
can vary greatly.

Hobo

DJ_GLOOR wrote:

> Hi there,
> I want to know if there is any way to bypass the TCP/IP connection
> limitations in Vista Home premium as of jan 2008? Event ID 4226. I know in
> the past there were patches out there but none of them work anymore.
> I am not encouraging any P2P here but it's anoying to download at 20K/sec
> when you have a P2P group/server between friends to excahnge huge files for
> work!
> Microsoft maybe thought about the pirates.. but what about the honest people
> that need loads of connections for work and can't get them open ?
> Let me know if someone has a new patch or idea.
> Cheers

DJ_GLOOR

Re: How to bypass TCP/IP Connection limits ? (Event ID 4226 )
ISP is ok. Since i had Vista Ultimate before with the TCP/IP Patch applied..
I downloaded at 600 K/sec.. and now it's down to 27
So it realy is vista.. When i check in the event loger the warning shows up
quite often.
Anyone else got an idea how to bypass the limitations?

Cheers

"Hobo" wrote:

> Might want to check with your ISP and ask if they are
> low-prioritizing P2P connections. Mine does, and depending
> upon the amount of traffic on their system, my P2P speeds
> can vary greatly.
>
> Hobo
>

> DJ_GLOOR wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> > I want to know if there is any way to bypass the TCP/IP connection
> > limitations in Vista Home premium as of jan 2008? Event ID 4226. I know in
> > the past there were patches out there but none of them work anymore.
> > I am not encouraging any P2P here but it's anoying to download at 20K/sec
> > when you have a P2P group/server between friends to excahnge huge files for
> > work!
> > Microsoft maybe thought about the pirates.. but what about the honest people
> > that need loads of connections for work and can't get them open ?
> > Let me know if someone has a new patch or idea.
> > Cheers

jimmi1

Re: How to bypass TCP/IP Connection limits ? (Event ID 4226 )

DJ_GLOOR i have the same problem when i install the patch and reboot i
have no internet connection i have also tried to install it manually
with no luck i just moved from xp 64 bit were i was getting 350K/s now
im down to 30-40

--
jimmi1
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: How to bypass TCP/IP Connection limits ? (Event ID 4226 )
You may receive Event ID 4226 if a network hardware device, such as a
router, does not support TCP Window Scaling. TCP Window Scaling is a new
Windows Vista feature. So, you may have two options to fix it.

1. Upgrade the firmware for the router or driver for the NIC.
2. Disable Windows Scaling by following this how to.

Vista IPCONFIG and Network Settings
How to disable Auto-tuning on Windows Vista How to disable TCP/IPv6
How to remove IPv6 and Tunnel completely on Vista How to disable ICS public
connection ...
www.howtonetworking.com/vista/vistaipconfig.htm

Or check this post. Please post back with the result.

Troubleshooting Windows Event IDEvent ID 4226: TCP/IP has reached the
security limit imposed · Event ID 4292 – The IPSec driver has entered Block
mode. Even ID 4294, 7022 and 7023 ...
www.chicagotech.net/wineventid.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"DJ_GLOOR" <DJGLOOR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> I want to know if there is any way to bypass the TCP/IP connection
> limitations in Vista Home premium as of jan 2008? Event ID 4226. I know in
> the past there were patches out there but none of them work anymore.
> I am not encouraging any P2P here but it's anoying to download at 20K/sec
> when you have a P2P group/server between friends to excahnge huge files
> for
> work!
> Microsoft maybe thought about the pirates.. but what about the honest
> people
> that need loads of connections for work and can't get them open ?
> Let me know if someone has a new patch or idea.
> Cheers

shaddix

Re: How to bypass TCP/IP Connection limits ? (Event ID 4226 )

a hotfix came out recently(january i think?) that replaced the old
tcpip.sys. yet there is not a new patch out for vistax64. this is why
the issue has recently come back.

--
shaddix