I can only see all my computers in the full Network Map

Geoff B

I can only see all my computers in the full Network Map
I had to reinstall Vista on my laptop and now I can not see any other
computer in the network window but they all show up in the full network map.
I have ensured that my fire wall is set to allow the other pc's access. I
have four XP machines and one additional Vista and I can see the xp machines
on the other Vista box. I am at a lose as to what to do.
Tom Lake

Re: I can only see all my computers in the full Network Map

"Geoff B" <Geoff B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had to reinstall Vista on my laptop and now I can not see any other
> computer in the network window but they all show up in the full network
> map.
> I have ensured that my fire wall is set to allow the other pc's access. I
> have four XP machines and one additional Vista and I can see the xp
> machines
> on the other Vista box. I am at a lose as to what to do.

Are you all in the same workgroup or in the same domain?

Tom Lake

Mick Murphy

RE: I can only see all my computers in the full Network Map

How to give Permissions are there, too.
If you are running Norton, etc’s Firewall, check its settings.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

from an XP computer.

"Geoff B" wrote:

> I had to reinstall Vista on my laptop and now I can not see any other
> computer in the network window but they all show up in the full network map.
> I have ensured that my fire wall is set to allow the other pc's access. I
> have four XP machines and one additional Vista and I can see the xp machines
> on the other Vista box. I am at a lose as to what to do.

Geoff B

Re: I can only see all my computers in the full Network Map
Yes

"Tom Lake" wrote:

> "Geoff B" <Geoff B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had to reinstall Vista on my laptop and now I can not see any other
> > computer in the network window but they all show up in the full network
> > map.
> > I have ensured that my fire wall is set to allow the other pc's access. I
> > have four XP machines and one additional Vista and I can see the xp
> > machines
> > on the other Vista box. I am at a lose as to what to do.

> Are you all in the same workgroup or in the same domain?
>
> Tom Lake

Geoff B

RE: I can only see all my computers in the full Network Map
All that is done, and running the xp wizard wont fix why I can't see my other
Vista machine