Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Problems with Vista Remote Desktop

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2007
=?Utf-8?B?VmlzdGFSRENfU3Vja3M=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Problems with Vista Remote Desktop
I am encountering a problem with RDC that began when I replaced Windows XP
with Windows Vista. The best way to describe the problem is "stalling".
Whenever I connect to my Vista machine using RDC, the client will
sporadically just pause (or stall) for a while, and then "come back". Each
time the delay varies anywhere from a few seconds to up to a minute. When it
is stalled like this, the mouse works and I can minimize my remote session
window, but I cannot do anything else. It's like the computer at the other
end just freezes for a while and then comes back like nothing had ever
happened. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2007
jjkocman@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Problems with Vista Remote Desktop
I have the exact same problem on multiple machines. It seems to
mostly happen when connecting to a Vista machine from a Vista
machine. When connecting to a Vista machine from an XP machine, it
seems to work better. FYI, the XP machine is using RDP 6 as well.

On Mar 5, 7:31 pm, VistaRDC_Sucks
<VistaRDCSu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am encountering a problem with RDC that began when I replaced Windows XP
> with WindowsVista. The best way to describe the problem is "stalling".
> Whenever I connect to myVistamachine using RDC, the client will
> sporadically just pause (or stall) for a while, and then "come back". Each
> time the delay varies anywhere from a few seconds to up to a minute. When it
> is stalled like this, the mouse works and I can minimize myremotesession
> window, but I cannot do anything else. It's like the computer at the other
> end justfreezesfor a while and then comes back like nothing had ever
> happened. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution? Thanks.



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2007
oxnyx
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Problems with Vista Remote Desktop

Ok; I'm guessing this is happening even when your on the same network
because if this is only happening over the internet the word is "Lag"
and anything over the internet is subject to it. First thing I'd try is
lower the Experence Settings on the RDP client, Hard coding the NIC and
the switch port to 100 Full or whatever then are. Might want to run
Perfmon just to check if RAM is maxing out.


--
oxnyx
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2007
Ricardo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Problems with Vista Remote Desktop
I see no difference connecting from a Xp or Vista machine.
I believe the problem is in Vista RDC, because if I connect to my work
machine (with XP and Vista in dual boot) when in Vista I just can't work on
it, otherwhise if it's in XP it works just fine.
FYI: I'm connecting to work via Open VPN and have no problem connectng with
other machines (XP or Server 2003) only to my Vista Business machines.

I've tried from 2 machines at home through the same internet connection, 1
in Vista Biz and the other in XP tablet SP2, and there is no difference -
just can't work.

Is it possible that no one but only 3 or 4 people have this problem ??

"jjkocman@gmail.com" wrote:

> I have the exact same problem on multiple machines. It seems to
> mostly happen when connecting to a Vista machine from a Vista
> machine. When connecting to a Vista machine from an XP machine, it
> seems to work better. FYI, the XP machine is using RDP 6 as well.
>
> On Mar 5, 7:31 pm, VistaRDC_Sucks
> <VistaRDCSu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I am encountering a problem with RDC that began when I replaced Windows XP
> > with WindowsVista. The best way to describe the problem is "stalling".
> > Whenever I connect to myVistamachine using RDC, the client will
> > sporadically just pause (or stall) for a while, and then "come back". Each
> > time the delay varies anywhere from a few seconds to up to a minute. When it
> > is stalled like this, the mouse works and I can minimize myremotesession
> > window, but I cannot do anything else. It's like the computer at the other
> > end justfreezesfor a while and then comes back like nothing had ever
> > happened. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution? Thanks.

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2007
Stanley Feng \(MSFT\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Problems with Vista Remote Desktop
Can you try to follow the instructions listed in the article here:
http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keat...lem-solved.asp,
specifically, these instructions from that article may help:

Here is what you need to do if you have the same issue:

- Run a command prompt (cmd.exe) as an Administrator
- Type: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

If you want to to re-enable it:
- Type: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

In some cases you may need to use this command in addition to the above,
but I didn't have to:
- Type: netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled

Please write back to let us know if it works or not.

If this works, can you please send me an offline email at "sfeng at
microsoft dot com" as we are
interested in knowing more detail about this issue, like the configuration,
etc. Thanks.

--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms specified
at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"
<jjkocman@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1176734338.450902.84070@q75g2000hsh.googlegro ups.com...
>I have the exact same problem on multiple machines. It seems to
> mostly happen when connecting to a Vista machine from a Vista
> machine. When connecting to a Vista machine from an XP machine, it
> seems to work better. FYI, the XP machine is using RDP 6 as well.
>
> On Mar 5, 7:31 pm, VistaRDC_Sucks
> <VistaRDCSu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> I am encountering a problem with RDC that began when I replaced Windows
>> XP
>> with WindowsVista. The best way to describe the problem is "stalling".
>> Whenever I connect to myVistamachine using RDC, the client will
>> sporadically just pause (or stall) for a while, and then "come back".
>> Each
>> time the delay varies anywhere from a few seconds to up to a minute.
>> When it
>> is stalled like this, the mouse works and I can minimize myremotesession
>> window, but I cannot do anything else. It's like the computer at the
>> other
>> end justfreezesfor a while and then comes back like nothing had ever
>> happened. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution?
>> Thanks.

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
remote desktop connection? AKA remote access? =?Utf-8?B?bWVuYWNoZW0=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-01-2007 07:43
Remote desktop in Vista =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBNYXJrb3dpdHo=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 02-28-2007 21:04
Remote Desktop: XP -> Vista Brett microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 12 02-28-2007 19:42
Vista Remote Desktop Badriram Rajagopalan microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 02-27-2007 23:00
Remote Desktop problem with remote printers neworders@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 02-11-2007 17:55




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:41.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120