Server Execution Failed

Robocz033

Server Execution Failed
This is the second time this has happened to me.

I have a TOSHIBA satellite A215.

The networking aspect of vista on my notebook has crapped out again. I can
still connect, but i cant change options or anything. This is the second time
this happened. I am going to reinstall vista anyways, because it needs a
fresh install, but does anybody have a fix for this problem? Or should I just
call tech support and have them deal with it?
AlexB

Re: Server Execution Failed
Your question may be in trouble because of so little information you've
provided.

Too many things are unclear. What kind of network, router, other machines or
peripherals involved?

Any error messages, what options are you talking about?

"Robocz033" <Robocz033@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is the second time this has happened to me.
>
> I have a TOSHIBA satellite A215.
>
> The networking aspect of vista on my notebook has crapped out again. I can
> still connect, but i cant change options or anything. This is the second
> time
> this happened. I am going to reinstall vista anyways, because it needs a
> fresh install, but does anybody have a fix for this problem? Or should I
> just
> call tech support and have them deal with it?

Robocz033

Re: Server Execution Failed
Well, i know for certain its not the network, i know enough about computers
to get that. Its something internally. And its not even giving me an error
code. This happened to me before, but i didn't do anything alike on either of
the instances.

It may have been because of AIM 6.5, which is the only thing i have
installed recently.

"AlexB" wrote:

> Your question may be in trouble because of so little information you've
> provided.
>
> Too many things are unclear. What kind of network, router, other machines or
> peripherals involved?
>
> Any error messages, what options are you talking about?
>
> "Robocz033" <Robocz033@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This is the second time this has happened to me.
> >
> > I have a TOSHIBA satellite A215.
> >
> > The networking aspect of vista on my notebook has crapped out again. I can
> > still connect, but i cant change options or anything. This is the second
> > time
> > this happened. I am going to reinstall vista anyways, because it needs a
> > fresh install, but does anybody have a fix for this problem? Or should I
> > just
> > call tech support and have them deal with it?

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Server Execution Failed
You may need to add administrator to the local service.Or these search
results may help.

No network - server execution failedHolding my mouse over it the popup says
"connection status: unknown server execution failed". At the same time with
that, my windows experience index will ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=1001 - Similar pages

Network and sharing center freezes ...

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net