Getting Vista and XPH to cooperate?

Fatal_Exception

RE: Getting Vista and XPH to cooperate?
First, let me point you to the Technet site for Vista File Sharing..

If you follow the steps provided there, you should be able to fix this
pretty fast..
--
FE
Wm P

"***** charles" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am just starting the process of setting up two machines
> one vista and the other xph. So far I have no luck in
> getting the two to share. I would like the xph machine
> to use the D: drive on the vista machine to hold all of
> my songs and other stuff temporarily while I reinstall
> xph from scratch after which would like to copy all
> the files back to the xph machine. The D: is large enough
> to do what I need it is just that I am getting a
> \\VISTA is not accessible error message when I try
> to double click on it in the workgroup area. I can ping
> each way and there is an account on each computer that is
> the same name with no password. I am not even getting
> a logon screen when I double click the vista machine.
> How do I fix this?
>
> thanks,
> charles....

***** charles

Re: Getting Vista and XPH to cooperate?
Good reference but is there an "easy" way to share the D:
drive with no password checking and everyone can see
and modify it? like a big scratch pad area for everyone?

thanks....