HELP PLZ

HELP PLEASE

HELP PLZ
OK , I UPGRADED TO VISTA, BEST BUY DID IT. I GOT UPGRADE I HAD WINDOWS XP.
THEY DID IT AFTER 2 WEEKS. THE UPGRADE FAILED, SO THEY HAD A FULL VERSION. SO
THEY NUKED SYSTEM AND PUT IT IN AND IT WORKED. I WENT THER AND ASKED ABOUT IT
.. THEY SAID THEY DIDN'T SEE WARNING I FOUND TODAY SAYING I HAD 27 DAYS LEFT
TO PUT IN CODE. AND I AM RESPONSIBLE TO BUY FULL VERSION SO I CAN GET CODE.
THIS IS TURNING INTO DISASTER 99 UPGRADE 69 NORTON 170 TO INSTALL AND NOW 239
FOR FULL VISTA SO 570 TO UPGRADE WITH NORTON
scsa20

Re: HELP PLZ

For one, please do not type in all caps, it's just rude.
This happened to me too (before I found out about the trick), and they
don't refund for services preform >_> but a quick call to Microsoft
(well... actually lasted longer then usual) was able to get my problem
fix and this is how you do it.

First off, do you still have that CD key code on you? You do?
Awesome! Lets move to the next step!

Second, do you have more then 3 gigs of RAM installed? You don't?
Awesome! Lets move on. (-But wait... what if I happen to have more
then 3 gigs of RAM installed?- If that's the case, your best bet would
be to remove as much RAM to be below 3 gigs (remove all but 1 stick of
RAM to be better safe than sorry). It's easier that way)

I'm going to assume that you have yourself a upgrade CD key code since
you -are- upgrading. In that case, that CD key code will not work with
how Best Buy probably got it installed Here's a nice little trick to do
get it working.

1) Pop your Windows CD into your CD/DVD-ROM drive and click Install on
the window that opens (if the window doesn't open, open My Computer and
double click on your CD drive, it should run then).
2) The next screen is going to ask you if you want to search for new
updates, you can if you want but it'll be faster if you choose not to.
3) It should now ask for your CD Key code, go ahead and type in your CD
key code and place a little check mark to active when you get online.
4) At the next screen it's going to give you 2 choices, upgrade and
custom. Choose Upgrade.
5) Let it go through it's progress and you should be able to activate
your copy of Vista with no issues

-But something happen during the install and nothing changes! What
next!!!!!-
Two things, you can either take the version of Vista back and ask to
exchange it for the full version (which they should only charge you for
the difference), go home, right click on My Computer and choose
Properties, and choose Change Key code that's on the bottom there and
type in your new key code and activate yourself or you can give
Microsoft a call, they have some other tips you can do to get the
upgrade to installed or they might do something nice.

Cheers.

--
scsa20