VPN to W2K server... network path not found

maxb

VPN to W2K server... network path not found
Running Vista Business, Connecting to W2K server

Able to establish connection with Msoft VPN to W2K server
Able to ping remote server after VPN connection
Not able to ping share name for the folder I want to map
Not able to map as network path not found
Able to use net view command
Not able to net share command - error 53
Using Norton Internet Security but turned off...

Purpose is to set use offline folders/files with the mapped network drive.
This setup has worked will with XP professional for many years...

Any help appreciated

/Thanks,
maxb
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: VPN to W2K server... network path not found
Can you net view \\remotepcipaddress? If that also receives system error 53,
that could be the security software blocks accessing.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"maxb" <maxb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running Vista Business, Connecting to W2K server
>
> Able to establish connection with Msoft VPN to W2K server
> Able to ping remote server after VPN connection
> Not able to ping share name for the folder I want to map
> Not able to map as network path not found
> Able to use net view command
> Not able to net share command - error 53
> Using Norton Internet Security but turned off...
>
> Purpose is to set use offline folders/files with the mapped network drive.
> This setup has worked will with XP professional for many years...
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> /Thanks,
> maxb

maxb

Re: VPN to W2K server... network path not found
Bob,

net view \\remotepcipaddress receives system error 53 (network path not
found). Your reference to security software blocking accessing, do you mean
Norton Internet Security or something else?

My XP professional standing next to the Vista machine performs the tasks
without flaw at the same time.

Any ideas to a work around?

/Brgds,
Maxb

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Can you net view \\remotepcipaddress? If that also receives system error 53,
> that could be the security software blocks accessing.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "maxb" <maxb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Running Vista Business, Connecting to W2K server
> >
> > Able to establish connection with Msoft VPN to W2K server
> > Able to ping remote server after VPN connection
> > Not able to ping share name for the folder I want to map
> > Not able to map as network path not found
> > Able to use net view command
> > Not able to net share command - error 53
> > Using Norton Internet Security but turned off...
> >
> > Purpose is to set use offline folders/files with the mapped network drive.
> > This setup has worked will with XP professional for many years...
> >
> > Any help appreciated
> >
> > /Thanks,
> > maxb

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: VPN to W2K server... network path not found
It could be Norton or any firewall. For troubleshooting, you may try to
start the Vista with clean boot.

Windows generalHow to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run Windows
Safe Mode with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort
programs in Start ...
http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...owsgeneral.htm