Is MS going to fix Vista networking anytime soon?

=?Utf-8?B?U2hlbGw=?=

Is MS going to fix Vista networking anytime soon?
Is MS going to fix Vista networking anytime soon? Let's face it. Vista can't
network execept maybe with itself, and for many, that's like owing a nice set
of silevrware but only able to use one spoon - and that has a hole in it.

A call to MVPs - setup a how-to get totaly rid of Vista and indstall XP.

Most computers now come infected with Vista - there must be a way to get
back to a working OS. How about it?

I can't wait for Vista SPxxx, Rev, xx.xx, Ver. xx.xxx - I need to get my
network back and operating at what was it's peak efficiency - so, what is the
best way to ensure Vista is fully renmoved and XP installed. Does MS offer
free XP packages for tose stuck without a network?

AJR

Re: Is MS going to fix Vista networking anytime soon?
Have wired and wireless XP and Vista network
functioning great! Suggest you "RTFM" (read the friendly manual) - and,
tongue in cheek, the problem is often between the chair and the keyboard.

"Shell" <Shell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is MS going to fix Vista networking anytime soon? Let's face it. Vista
> can't
> network execept maybe with itself, and for many, that's like owing a nice
> set
> of silevrware but only able to use one spoon - and that has a hole in it.
>
> A call to MVPs - setup a how-to get totaly rid of Vista and indstall XP.
>
> Most computers now come infected with Vista - there must be a way to get
> back to a working OS. How about it?
>
> I can't wait for Vista SPxxx, Rev, xx.xx, Ver. xx.xxx - I need to get my
> network back and operating at what was it's peak efficiency - so, what is
> the
> best way to ensure Vista is fully renmoved and XP installed. Does MS offer
> free XP packages for tose stuck without a network?

=?Utf-8?B?Y2poNjQx?=

Re: Is MS going to fix Vista networking anytime soon?
AJR, that's great you sound like one of the lucky ones
that has solved the issue. The RTFM suggestion
just didn't get the job done here either. IMHO.

"AJR" wrote:

> Have wired and wireless XP and Vista network
> functioning great! Suggest you "RTFM" (read the friendly manual) - and,
> tongue in cheek, the problem is often between the chair and the keyboard.
>
> "Shell" <Shell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is MS going to fix Vista networking anytime soon? Let's face it. Vista
> > can't
> > network execept maybe with itself, and for many, that's like owing a nice
> > set
> > of silevrware but only able to use one spoon - and that has a hole in it.
> >
> > A call to MVPs - setup a how-to get totaly rid of Vista and indstall XP.
> >
> > Most computers now come infected with Vista - there must be a way to get
> > back to a working OS. How about it?
> >
> > I can't wait for Vista SPxxx, Rev, xx.xx, Ver. xx.xxx - I need to get my
> > network back and operating at what was it's peak efficiency - so, what is
> > the
> > best way to ensure Vista is fully renmoved and XP installed. Does MS offer
> > free XP packages for tose stuck without a network?

DevilsPGD

Re: Is MS going to fix Vista networking anytime soon?
In message <EC8B9419-68EA-4BBC-B8EF-B786A41AE675@microsoft.com> Shell
<Shell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is MS going to fix Vista networking anytime soon? Let's face it. Vista can't
>network execept maybe with itself, and for many, that's like owing a nice set
>of silevrware but only able to use one spoon - and that has a hole in it.

Are you talking TCP application support, workgroup networking, active
directory enabled networking, or something else entirely?
--
Insert something clever here.
=?Utf-8?B?U2hlbGw=?=

"DevilsPGD" wrote:

> In message <EC8B9419-68EA-4BBC-B8EF-B786A41AE675@microsoft.com> Shell
> <Shell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Is MS going to fix Vista networking anytime soon? Let's face it. Vista can't
> >network execept maybe with itself, and for many, that's like owing a nice set
> >of silevrware but only able to use one spoon - and that has a hole in it.

> Are you talking TCP application support, workgroup networking, active
> directory enabled networking, or something else entirely?
> --
> Insert something clever here.

Clever? How about - thos emac comemrcials are bang on.

=?Utf-8?B?SVdhbnRYUEJhY2s=?=

"AJR" wrote:

> Have wired and wireless XP and Vista network
> functioning great! Suggest you "RTFM" (read the friendly manual) - and,
> tongue in cheek, the problem is often between the chair and the keyboard.

I'd like to point out that there is no FM. Which is why everyone is jammed
on these discussion boards (which are pretty poorly designed and giving an
application error when you try to access your user information).

There are a number of Help functions built into Vista, but they are all so
general, and do not even begin to offer information for anyone having a real
issue.

It's like Windows tried to create an OS to rival Mac OSX, and instead they
wound up with one harder to use than Windows 3.1.
Dan

On Mar 5, 3:57 pm, Shell <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is MS going to fix Vista networking anytime soon? Let's face it. Vista can't
> network execept maybe with itself, and for many, that's like owing a nice set
> of silevrware but only able to use one spoon - and that has a hole in it.
>
> A call to MVPs - setup a how-to get totaly rid of Vista and indstall XP.
>
> Most computers now come infected with Vista - there must be a way to get
> back to a working OS. How about it?
>
> I can't wait for Vista SPxxx, Rev, xx.xx, Ver. xx.xxx - I need to get my
> network back and operating at what was it's peak efficiency - so, what is the
> best way to ensure Vista is fully renmoved and XP installed. Does MS offer
> free XP packages for tose stuck without a network?

We have Vista networked with XP, 2000 and Server 03 - also with our
Macs (OSX) - no problems - any specific issue we can help you with?
Are you on a domain or dhcp?

Shouou

Re: Is MS going to fix Vista networking anytime soon?

Under you Local Area Network Connection *Disable or* *Remove Everything*
apart from.

*Client for Microsoft Networks*
*File and Printer Sharing*
*TCP/IP v4*
*TCP/IP v6 (you can only untick)*

I only have a workgroup network of 4 machines and the internet is via a
wireless router. Once i got rid of all the extra services and protocols
my LAN and Internet speeds ran normal.

All i need now is the event ID 4226 patcher for Vista which i hope
llvlord realeases soon, so i don't reach my TCP/IP Concurrent
Connection Limits every 5 mins while using Bitorrents.

--
Shouou
roman modic

Re: Is MS going to fix Vista networking anytime soon?
Hello!

"Shouou" <Shouou.2n0yyw@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message news:Shouou.2n0yyw@no-mx.forums.net...

> Under you Local Area Network Connection *Disable or* *Remove Everything*
> apart from.
>
> *Client for Microsoft Networks*
> *File and Printer Sharing*
> *TCP/IP v4*
> *TCP/IP v6 (you can only untick)*

There is an alternative how to disable IPv6:
"Disable IPv6" (DisabledComponents)
http://blog.tiensivu.com/aaron/archi...-you-can..html

Also this is useful:
"Disable auto-tuning" (netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=off)
http://www.technoblogo.com/2007/02/1...rk+Issues.aspx

> I only have a workgroup network of 4 machines and the internet is via a
> wireless router. Once i got rid of all the extra services and protocols
> my LAN and Internet speeds ran normal.
>
> All i need now is the event ID 4226 patcher for Vista which i hope
> llvlord realeases soon, so i don't reach my TCP/IP Concurrent
> Connection Limits every 5 mins while using Bitorrents.

Do you what are the limits in different flavours of Vista? Here is a guess:
http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=233878
Quote:
Home Basic: 5
Home Premium: 25
Business: 25+
Enterprise: 25+
Ultimate: 25+

Regards, Roman

=?Utf-8?B?RWQ0Mw==?=

RE: Is MS going to fix Vista networking anytime soon?
Here's the problem with Vista...

Ive read the posts and the problems with file sharing on Vista. The only
answers that MAY solve issues are by tech heads and the rest of us are
clueless. Vista should be a basic home user/friendly program. In the next
3-4 years, there will be MILLIONS of Vista users. They have to do something!