Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Error 0x80070035 again (network path not found)

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-23-2008
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Worrigee, Oz
Posts: 5
GuiGuy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Error 0x80070035 again (network path not found)
Sorry for posting yet again on this error, but I have exhausted every thread and topic I can find on the internet on the subject (including the ones listed elsewhere here), but nothing has helped me overcome it when sharing from a vista home premium box.

My network is
  • Three XP Pro machines
  • Two linux ubuntu (SAMBA) pcs, one acting as a file server
  • One VISTA HOME PREMIUM setup driving the home entertainment. I recently downgraded it from Windows XP MCE
  • NETCOMM NB9W Modem/ Router

The communication between the XP and linux PCs is fine.
  • From the VISTA box I can see the other PCs, I can ping them by IP address and name.
  • From the XP pcs I can see and ping the VISTA box by name and IP address.
  • From the Linux boxes I can see & ping the Vista PC

Internet access is fine from all PCs.

For the purpose of this exercise all firewalls are turned off.

I have tried static and dynamic IP addresses.

I believe public access and file sharing parameters on the VISTA pc are correct and certainly in line with advice I received from Microsoft when I paid for their foreign accent support

The rub is I cannot access shared folders to and from the vista PC. From the XP > VISTA I get "You might not have permission to access blah blah blah... network path not found"

From the Linux PCs I get a timed out.

From Vista to the other PCs I get 0x80070035 Network Path not found.

I feel this is the last gasp for me with Vista, but before I remove it and put XP MCE back this weekend maybe someone can suggest something I may have missed?

NB: I have tried both wired and wireless connections. I am confident the hardware is good.

T.I.A.
__________________
The GuiGuy
Worrigee, OZ
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2008
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 0x80070035 again (network path not found)
If creating the same username and password on both XP and Vista, can you
access now?

Cases: Vista networkingCases: Vista networking 2) If browsing in Vista
network, receive Network error: error code 0x80070035 - The network path was
not found. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=356 - Similar pages

chicagotech.net :: View topic - Vista: The Network Path was not found
The Vista laptop when I > > have XP Pro loaded says it cannot access
\\Edward. Detail shows error code > > 0x80070035 The network path was not
found. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...83bdd7 1c5ab4


--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
http://www.HowToNetworking.com


"GuiGuy" <GuiGuy.33nq0g@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
news:GuiGuy.33nq0g@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>
> Sorry for posting yet again on this error, but I have exhausted every
> thread and topic I can find on the internet on the subject (including
> the ones listed elsewhere here), but nothing has helped me overcome it
> when sharing from a vista home premium box.
>
> My network is
>
> - Three XP Pro machines
> - Two linux ubuntu (SAMBA) pcs, one acting as a file server
> - One VISTA HOME PREMIUM setup driving the home entertainment. I
> recently downgraded it from Windows XP MCE
> - NETCOMM NB9W Modem/ Router
>
>
> The communication between the XP and linux PCs is fine.
>
>
> - From the VISTA box I can see the other PCs, I can ping them by IP
> address and name.
> - From the XP pcs I can see and ping the VISTA box by name and IP
> address.
> - From the Linux boxes I can see & ping the Vista PC
>
>
> Internet access is fine from all PCs.
>
> FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS EXERCISE ALL FIREWALLS ARE TURNED OFF.
> I have tried static and dynamic IP addresses.
>
> I believe public access and file sharing parameters on the VISTA pc are
> correct and certainly in line with advice I received from Microsoft when
> I paid for their foreign accent support
>
> The rub is I cannot access shared folders to and from the vista PC.
> From the XP > VISTA I get "You might not have permission to access blah
> blah blah... network path not found"
>
> From the Linux PCs I get a timed out.
>
> From Vista to the other PCs I get 0x80070035 Network Path not found.
>
> I feel this is the last gasp for me with Vista, but before I remove it
> and put XP MCE back this weekend maybe someone can suggest something I
> may have missed?
>
> NB: I have tried both wired and wireless connections. I am confident
> the hardware is good.
>
> T.I.A.
>
>
> --
> GuiGuy
>
> The GuiGuy
> Worrigee, OZ
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2008
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Worrigee, Oz
Posts: 5
GuiGuy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\) View Post
If creating the same username and password on both XP and Vista, can you
access now?
Thanks for the reply, Rob. Your name keeps popping up as I research this so you seem to have "The Knowledge"(?). But must be bored with this topic, eh?

Anyway.
Quote:
Cases: Vista networkingCases: Vista networking 2) If browsing in Vista network, receive Network error: error code 0x80070035 - The network path was not found. ... chicagotech.net :: View topic - Cases: Vista networking - Similar pages
I exhausted that thread without luck.

Quote:
chicagotech.net :: View topic - Vista: The Network Path was not found The Vista laptop when I > > have XP Pro loaded says it cannot access
\\Edward. Detail shows error code > > 0x80070035 The network path was not
found. ... chicagotech.net :: View topic - Vista: The Network Path was not found
... and that one <sigh>

However, I played with it this afternoon. On the Vista box
  • I removed the network hardware and drivers
  • I rebooted
  • Vista reinstalled the network PCI card & driver

At this point I was able to browse the other PCs from the Vista PC using IP addresses (read only. On the Linux/ Samba PC remote permissions for read/ write seemed to have no effect. I didn't bother with the XP PCs)

I rebooted. Now I got the "Network Path not found error again".

I restored the XP image for the PC with VISTA on it to satisfy myself that it wasn't some obscure hardware issue. XP networking worked OK.

I put Vista back. Bummer. Network path not found...

As I said, I am at my wits end so I think will put XP back and forget about Vista. Modern day home networking shouldn't be this complicated.

Cheers
__________________
The GuiGuy
Worrigee, OZ
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2008
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 0x80070035 again (network path not found)
Thank you for the update.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
http://www.HowToNetworking.com


"GuiGuy" <GuiGuy.33ohsl@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
news:GuiGuy.33ohsl@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>
> Robert L. \(MS-MVP\);644292 Wrote:
>> If creating the same username and password on both XP and Vista, can
>> you
>> access now?

>
> Thanks for the reply, Rob. Your name keeps popping up as I research
> this so you seem to have "The Knowledge"(?). But must be bored with this
> topic, eh?
>
> Anyway.
>> Cases: Vista networkingCases: Vista networking 2) If browsing in Vista
>> network, receive Network error: error code 0x80070035 - The network path
>> was not found. ... 'chicagotech.net :: View topic - Cases: Vista
>> networking' (http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=356)
>> - Similar pages

>
> I exhausted that thread without luck.
>
>> chicagotech.net :: View topic - Vista: The Network Path was not found
>> The Vista laptop when I > > have XP Pro loaded says it cannot access
>> \\Edward. Detail shows error code > > 0x80070035 The network path was
>> not
>> found. ... 'chicagotech.net :: View topic - Vista: The Network Path was
>> not found' (http://tinyurl.com/26ohbn)
>>

>
> .. and that one <sigh>
>
> However, I played with it this afternoon. On the Vista box
>
>
> - I removed the network hardware and drivers
> - I rebooted
> - Vista reinstalled the network PCI card & driver
>
>
> At this point I was able to browse the other PCs from the Vista PC
> using IP addresses (read only. On the Linux/ Samba PC remote permissions
> for read/ write seemed to have no effect. I didn't bother with the XP
> PCs)
>
> I rebooted. Now I got the "Network Path not found error again".
>
> I restored the XP image for the PC with VISTA on it to satisfy myself
> that it wasn't some obscure hardware issue. XP networking worked OK.
>
> I put Vista back. Bummer. Network path not found...
>
> As I said, I am at my wits end so I think will put XP back and forget
> about Vista. Modern day home networking shouldn't be this complicated.
>
> Cheers
>
>
> --
> GuiGuy
>
> The GuiGuy
> Worrigee, OZ
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2008
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Worrigee, Oz
Posts: 5
GuiGuy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\) View Post
Thank you for the update.
I managed to get a connection from Vista to the other PCs with a wired NIC.

I uninstalled the drivers, removed the hardware, rebooted, shut down, re-installed the NIC and managed to get a connection to the other PCs without so much as a whimper. I didn't have to do a thing after the reboot. All XP and even the Linux boxes were there and working.

However, the "Network path not found " error persists with the wireless network connection from Vista. Does Vista expect something more to work with wireless networking?

TIA
__________________
The GuiGuy
Worrigee, OZ
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2008
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Worrigee, Oz
Posts: 5
GuiGuy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FIXED: 0x80070035 Network path not found
In the end it was a simple as rebooting the router

Cheers
__________________
The GuiGuy
Worrigee, OZ
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2011
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
DerekP is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: FIXED: 0x80070035 Network path not found
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiGuy View Post
In the end it was a simple as rebooting the router

Cheers
It worked after I enabled NetBIOS:

0x80070035 - Best Solutions for Vista & Win 7
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
0x80070035 The network path was not found Murphy Wong microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 01-03-2008 08:02
0x80070035 The network path was not found Murphy Wong microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 0 01-03-2008 08:02
w2000 on network "The network path was not found" DennisP microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 01-02-2008 14:12
Network Path Not Found? Rick DUncan microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 05-25-2007 19:46
AD: "Network Path Not Found" =?Utf-8?B?YnY=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 3 03-08-2007 03:51




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:36.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120