Error 0x800710FE: This file is currently not available for use...

Gonzalo

Error 0x800710FE: This file is currently not available for use...
Hi,

I renamed a folder on a network share that is being sync'ed with my computer
at home and now I am left with a strange looking folder on this computer.
When I try to delete this folder (it has no files on it) I get the 0x800710FE
error. I know that one way to get around this problem is to reinitialize the
CSC cache. I just do not want to do it as I will have to resync over 30GB of
data. Is there another solution to this problem?

Many thanks in advance,

Gonzalo
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Error 0x800710FE: This file is currently not available for use...
You may wan to rebuild CSC cache using regedit. This post may help. Please
post back with the result.

This file is currently not ...Error 0x800710FE: This file is currently not
available for use on this ... Shadow copies are disabled on the server, and
on my client Vista machine. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums... sc&highlight=

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Gonzalo" <Gonzalo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I renamed a folder on a network share that is being sync'ed with my
> computer
> at home and now I am left with a strange looking folder on this computer.
> When I try to delete this folder (it has no files on it) I get the
> 0x800710FE
> error. I know that one way to get around this problem is to reinitialize
> the
> CSC cache. I just do not want to do it as I will have to resync over 30GB
> of
> data. Is there another solution to this problem?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Gonzalo

Gonzalo

Re: Error 0x800710FE: This file is currently not available for use
Robert,

Thank you. Yes, I know that if I rebuild the CSC cache the problem will
go away. But I would like to have another option. There should be another way
to repair this and by that I mean delete a ghost folder without having to
delete all other folders which are fine. The folder I am synching is over
30GB in size and it will take some time for it to be resynched if I rebuild
the CSC cache.

Please, let me know.

Sincerely,

Gonzalo