Credentialing

=?Utf-8?B?R0M=?=

Credentialing
I am trying to have my vista home premium automaticly logon to a server. I
am going into the users option under the control panel. There is an option
to manage the network passwords. When I go to add a credential in Stored
Credential Properties under credential type, the first option "A windows
logon credentail" a server, is grayed out and unavailable to be selected.
How do I get this option to be available?
=?Utf-8?B?RXJpbGlkb24=?=

RE: Credentialing

"GC" wrote:

> I am trying to have my vista home premium automaticly logon to a server. I
> am going into the users option under the control panel. There is an option
> to manage the network passwords. When I go to add a credential in Stored
> Credential Properties under credential type, the first option "A windows
> logon credentail" a server, is grayed out and unavailable to be selected.
> How do I get this option to be available?

I am having this same problem. Any help or a reason why this is not possible
would be great!!!

I can create the shares, and log into them however whenever I restart my PC
I will have to user my login in credentials again to access my shares. (I
guess this is for security.. however so is the user account control... which
is just the same, annoying)

The shares are on a Windows XP Pro Machine and I have allowed full access to
"Everyone" in the attempt as well.

So why can't I access the shared on my Vista Home Premium PC?? any bites?
FLJ

RE: Credentialing
I'm scratching my head over this same frustrating issue.

I just bought a new Vista (home premium) laptop, and I don't want to have to
re-enter the credentials to my shared folders every time I reboot/relog. I'm
assuming the functionality requires the "Windows Logon Credential" radio
button, but it is greyed out in the network password management screen.

vijer is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Credentialing
I found this solution on another forum

Create a text file with the .vbs extension and place it

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Window s\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Set objNet = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
Set objReg = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonat e}!\\.\root\default:StdRegProv")

If objFSO.DriveExists("Z:") Then
objNet.RemoveNetworkDrive "Z:",True,True
End If

If objFSO.DriveExists("Z:") Then
objReg.DeleteKey HKCU, "Network\" & Left("Z:", 1)
End If

objNet.MapNetworkDrive "Z:", "\\server\sharename", , "domain\username", "password"

Set objNet = Nothing
Set objFSO = Nothing
Set objReg = Nothing

NOTE: Change the drive letter, server, share name, domain, user name, password and you need. You can add as many drive mappings as you need, subject to available drive letters. Just copy these lines and modify as necessary.