Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista and XP Network Issue.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2007
=?Utf-8?B?SmFuYQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Vista and XP Network Issue.
Hi All

The issue is with Vista and Xp in the same network, Let me explain you the
senario.

Senario - 1:

I have 4 computers at home 2 are desktops and the other 2 are notebooks.

2 desktops are installed with windows XP pro and the other 2 are very new
installed with windows Vita Ultimate. I'm able to access the XP desktops by
the run command, I use the following command to access the desktops
\\192.168.1.4 where "192.168.1.4" is the IPAddress of my desktop. This will
not be displayed in networks, Tried to run the wizard, turned on the
discovery and enabled file and print sharing, and all are in the same
workgroup, can any one help me with the detail steps...


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2007
Keith D
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista and XP Network Issue.

>
> Senario - 1:
>
> I have 4 computers at home 2 are desktops and the other 2 are notebooks.
>
> 2 desktops are installed with windows XP pro and the other 2 are very new
> installed with windows Vita Ultimate. I'm able to access the XP desktops
> by
> the run command, I use the following command to access the desktops
> \\192.168.1.4 where "192.168.1.4" is the IPAddress of my desktop. This
> will
> not be displayed in networks, Tried to run the wizard, turned on the
> discovery and enabled file and print sharing, and all are in the same
> workgroup, can any one help me with the detail steps...
>
>



Hi

Well this has been well covered i think
when mine was sorted out by m/soft and lynksis

the first thing they did was to simplyfy matters

if i was you i would

reduce network to 1 X Desktop XP and 1 X Desktop Vista

now as i see it you will be able to see and get files from
XP machine into Vista machine but not the other way around---correct

start by inserting a floppy disc known to contain files into the A drive
on Vista machine and concentrate on getting into the vista A drive from the
XP machine
dont forget to set the A drive to sharing

the rest will then fall into place

one thing you must do
via the add/remove programmes in Vista remove all third party
firewall/antivirus/spyware
programmes
then turn windows vista firewall off!!!! then restart computer

just disabling firewalls does nothing they still run in
background---apparently

this was the start when a conference call between me/m-soft tec/ lynksis tec
was used to sort mine out.

also under network and sharing centre[vista]

on line ---network click customize select private then on etc

next line down connection----view status--properties remove tick from
IPV6
you dont need 2 IPV4 is enough
remainder in this window all boxes ticked

in section below

all turned on except password protect this should be OFF remainder green


hope this sets you on your way

cheers for now

Keith D.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2007
=?Utf-8?B?U3JpcHJlc2FubmEgW01TRlRd?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista and XP Network Issue.
Hi,

on the XP machines is the "Computer Browser" services in the "Running" state?
If you can access the shares on your XP machine from the Vista machine, but
could not see the XP m/c in "Network" of Vista m/c, it could be due to this.

Would you let me know if on starting the "Computer Browser" svc on the XP
machine solved the problem?

Thanks,
Sri

"Jana" wrote:

> Hi All
>
> The issue is with Vista and Xp in the same network, Let me explain you the
> senario.
>
> Senario - 1:
>
> I have 4 computers at home 2 are desktops and the other 2 are notebooks.
>
> 2 desktops are installed with windows XP pro and the other 2 are very new
> installed with windows Vita Ultimate. I'm able to access the XP desktops by
> the run command, I use the following command to access the desktops
> \\192.168.1.4 where "192.168.1.4" is the IPAddress of my desktop. This will
> not be displayed in networks, Tried to run the wizard, turned on the
> discovery and enabled file and print sharing, and all are in the same
> workgroup, can any one help me with the detail steps...
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2007
=?Utf-8?B?SmFuYQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista and XP Network Issue.
Hi,

Thank You.

The computer browser service is started on the windows xp system. I'm able
to access the xp system bu it's IPAddress. It's not getting listed in the
network in vista.

"Sripresanna [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> on the XP machines is the "Computer Browser" services in the "Running" state?
> If you can access the shares on your XP machine from the Vista machine, but
> could not see the XP m/c in "Network" of Vista m/c, it could be due to this.
>
> Would you let me know if on starting the "Computer Browser" svc on the XP
> machine solved the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Sri
>
> "Jana" wrote:
>
> > Hi All
> >
> > The issue is with Vista and Xp in the same network, Let me explain you the
> > senario.
> >
> > Senario - 1:
> >
> > I have 4 computers at home 2 are desktops and the other 2 are notebooks.
> >
> > 2 desktops are installed with windows XP pro and the other 2 are very new
> > installed with windows Vita Ultimate. I'm able to access the XP desktops by
> > the run command, I use the following command to access the desktops
> > \\192.168.1.4 where "192.168.1.4" is the IPAddress of my desktop. This will
> > not be displayed in networks, Tried to run the wizard, turned on the
> > discovery and enabled file and print sharing, and all are in the same
> > workgroup, can any one help me with the detail steps...
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista Network Problem / Sharing / Computers not Showing on Network =?Utf-8?B?Y3liM3JiMHlfZ3I=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 6 06-07-2009 16:58
Network and sleep issue David Qunt microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 03-07-2007 00:39
Vista - Sleep/network/task scheduler issue David Qunt microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 03-01-2007 12:18
network issue stetala@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 02-19-2007 22:30
Xbox Extender "Network Issue" Bill Cohagan microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 12-17-2006 20:30




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:32.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120