RDP hangs after successful connection

Paul P

RDP hangs after successful connection
I am using Remote Desktop to connect to my desktop when I am out of the
office. The connection works OK on the first connection. At the end of the
session, if I log off or if I just click the Close Button on the toolbar,
the session ends but I then am unable to log back on until the desktop unit
is rebooted.

After the reboot, I can again reconnect, but again, just one time.

Any ideas why it would only let me in once? The reboot is clearly
removing/correcting the issue but I don't have a clue what it is

thanks

Paul

=?Utf-8?B?bmp0?=

RE: RDP hangs after successful connection
Hi,

I see the similar issue. Only difference is that instance at which the
login is working if I log out and login again it works but after some time, I
am neither able to ping the machine nor able to rdp into the same.

Only solution to the problem is the reboot

Njt

"Paul P" wrote:

> I am using Remote Desktop to connect to my desktop when I am out of the
> office. The connection works OK on the first connection. At the end of the
> session, if I log off or if I just click the Close Button on the toolbar,
> the session ends but I then am unable to log back on until the desktop unit
> is rebooted.
>
> After the reboot, I can again reconnect, but again, just one time.
>
> Any ideas why it would only let me in once? The reboot is clearly
> removing/correcting the issue but I don't have a clue what it is
>
> thanks
>
> Paul

=?Utf-8?B?RHdheW5l?=

RE: RDP hangs after successful connection
Just a few minutes ago I posted describing the exact same issue, too bad I
didn't see this first.

"njt" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see the similar issue. Only difference is that instance at which the
> login is working if I log out and login again it works but after some time, I
> am neither able to ping the machine nor able to rdp into the same.
>
> Only solution to the problem is the reboot
>
> Njt
>
> "Paul P" wrote:
>
> > I am using Remote Desktop to connect to my desktop when I am out of the
> > office. The connection works OK on the first connection. At the end of the
> > session, if I log off or if I just click the Close Button on the toolbar,
> > the session ends but I then am unable to log back on until the desktop unit
> > is rebooted.
> >
> > After the reboot, I can again reconnect, but again, just one time.
> >
> > Any ideas why it would only let me in once? The reboot is clearly
> > removing/correcting the issue but I don't have a clue what it is
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Paul

BEER

RE:
I am searching for the same issue now. This is the first I have seen this issue online besides my dealings with it. I will probably be calling Microsoft tonight when I get home.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com