Networking xp and Vista wirelessly

=?Utf-8?B?bWlrZXlwMTk4Nw==?=

Networking xp and Vista wirelessly
Im using an xp machine connected directly to the net and i want to create a
internet sharing connection between that computer and a wireless lap top. I
have a router and have run all the apropriate wizards to set up the network
connections. At 1 stage it was fine and i could connect constanly with ease,
then now the same problems as previous has occured. the wireless laptop
doesnt connect to the net and wen the router is switched on the host computer
loses its net connection too. The laptop can connect wired but not wirelss
yet when the laptop is wired the desktop pc can still connect ot the net. I
would appreciate any solutions to this problem.
Good News!

Re: Networking xp and Vista wirelessly
Sounds like the PC is using the wireless connection as it's main network
once connected.
Change the metric on the LAN interface to 1, see what happens.

"mikeyp1987" <mikeyp1987@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Im using an xp machine connected directly to the net and i want to create
: internet sharing connection between that computer and a wireless lap top.
: have a router and have run all the apropriate wizards to set up the
network
: connections. At 1 stage it was fine and i could connect constanly with
ease,
: then now the same problems as previous has occured. the wireless laptop
: doesnt connect to the net and wen the router is switched on the host
computer
: loses its net connection too. The laptop can connect wired but not wirelss
: yet when the laptop is wired the desktop pc can still connect ot the net.
: would appreciate any solutions to this problem.

=?Utf-8?B?bWlrZXlwMTk4Nw==?=

Re: Networking xp and Vista wirelessly
how do i change the lan interface?