Where is the Network Setup Wizard?

=?Utf-8?B?VHJha2tlcg==?=

Where is the Network Setup Wizard?
I hate to sound stupid, but just where is the Network Setup Wizard in Vista?
I have never seen an operating system so complicated as Vista. In XP I go to
Network Connections in Control Panel, open it up, and right there on the page
is Network Setup Wizard. No such item on my new HP Slimline s7700n computer.

I've never had a problem setting up a network in 95, 98, 2000 or XP. Now I
have vista, and I'm clueless. Microsoft claims its simpler, but I've spent
the last week trying to figure it out, with zero success.

Thank you,

Trakker

James Wilson

Re: Where is the Network Setup Wizard?
YOU are the WIZARD!!!

"Trakker" <Trakker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I hate to sound stupid, but just where is the Network Setup Wizard in
>Vista?
> I have never seen an operating system so complicated as Vista. In XP I go
> Network Connections in Control Panel, open it up, and right there on the
> page
> is Network Setup Wizard. No such item on my new HP Slimline s7700n
> computer.
>
> I've never had a problem setting up a network in 95, 98, 2000 or XP. Now I
> have vista, and I'm clueless. Microsoft claims its simpler, but I've spent
> the last week trying to figure it out, with zero success.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Trakker

Michael

Re: Where is the Network Setup Wizard?
Control Panel
Network and Internet
Network and Sharing Center
Setup a connection or network

Also lots of help in Help and Support, search term 'network setup'

Michael

"Trakker" <Trakker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I hate to sound stupid, but just where is the Network Setup Wizard in
>Vista?
> I have never seen an operating system so complicated as Vista. In XP I go
> Network Connections in Control Panel, open it up, and right there on the
> page
> is Network Setup Wizard. No such item on my new HP Slimline s7700n
> computer.
>
> I've never had a problem setting up a network in 95, 98, 2000 or XP. Now I
> have vista, and I'm clueless. Microsoft claims its simpler, but I've spent
> the last week trying to figure it out, with zero success.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Trakker

Keith D

EPLY:- Where is the Network Setup Wizard?

>>I hate to sound stupid, but just where is the Network Setup Wizard in
>>Vista?

Hi

Heres the best one

http://www.networkmagic.com/download/

cheers

K/
AJR

Re: Where is the Network Setup Wizard?
Michael you have received good advice - comment only - I am sure you did not
just "jump in" with XP - there was a learning curve.

"Michael" <mexxwalraven@verson.net> wrote in message
> Control Panel
> Network and Internet
> Network and Sharing Center
> Setup a connection or network
>
> Also lots of help in Help and Support, search term 'network setup'
>
> Michael
>
> "Trakker" <Trakker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I hate to sound stupid, but just where is the Network Setup Wizard in
>>Vista?
>> I have never seen an operating system so complicated as Vista. In XP I go
>> Network Connections in Control Panel, open it up, and right there on the
>> page
>> is Network Setup Wizard. No such item on my new HP Slimline s7700n
>> computer.
>>
>> I've never had a problem setting up a network in 95, 98, 2000 or XP. Now
>> have vista, and I'm clueless. Microsoft claims its simpler, but I've
>> spent
>> the last week trying to figure it out, with zero success.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Trakker

Lee

Re: EPLY:- Where is the Network Setup Wizard?

"Keith D" <scanner@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

>>>I hate to sound stupid, but just where is the Network Setup Wizard in
>>>Vista?

> Hi
>
> Heres the best one
>
> http://www.networkmagic.com/download/
>

> cheers
>
> K/

Buzz off with the advertising.

Aanand Ramachandran

Re: EPLY:- Where is the Network Setup Wizard?
To find Network Setup Wizard

1. Go to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Centre
2. On the left side you will find the "Setup a Connection or Network".

thanks,
Aanand

"Lee" <not@chance.ever> wrote in message

> "Keith D" <scanner@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

>> Hi
>>
>> Heres the best one
>>
>> http://www.networkmagic.com/download/
>>

>> cheers
>>
>> K/

> Buzz off with the advertising.

cindy.tc

Re: Where is the Network Setup Wizard?

I'm with you Trakker. This drives me nuts in Vista. Where is the nice
little house under communications: "Welcome to the Network setup Wizard"

The instructions above:
1. Go to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center
2. On the left side you will find the "Setup a Connection or Network".

This only helps connect to the internet, it doesn't set up a home
network and file sharing.
Maybe Vista is over-simplified and I'm trying too hard, but I fine the
setup wizard in XP much easier and I still haven't found an easy way to
set up a home network in Vista....

--
cindy.tc
cindy.tc's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/91271.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Bookman

Re: Where is the Network Setup Wizard?
When you click Setup a Connection or Network, click the second option, "Set
up a wireless router or access point". This sets up a new wireless network.

"cindy.tc" <cindy.tc.3qugzb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I'm with you Trakker. This drives me nuts in Vista. Where is the nice
> little house under communications: "Welcome to the Network setup Wizard"
>

> The instructions above:
> 1. Go to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center
> 2. On the left side you will find the "Setup a Connection or Network".
>
> This only helps connect to the internet, it doesn't set up a home
> network and file sharing.
> Maybe Vista is over-simplified and I'm trying too hard, but I fine the
> setup wizard in XP much easier and I still haven't found an easy way to
> set up a home network in Vista....
>

> --
> cindy.tc
> cindy.tc's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/91271.htm