"The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

Andrea

"The specified service does not exist as an installed service."
My network connection icon has a red X and when I’d mouse over it, it show
the error, "Connection status: Unknown The specified service does not exist
as an installed service."
When I open Network and Sharing center, it normally load but instead of the
image of the pc and the globe there is:
"The specified service does not exist as an installed service."
I try everything..please help me,
Thanks,
--
Andrea
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: "The specified service does not exist as an installed service."
Any errors in the event viewer?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My network connection icon has a red X and when I’d mouse over it, it show
> the error, "Connection status: Unknown The specified service does not
> exist
> as an installed service."
> When I open Network and Sharing center, it normally load but instead of
> the
> image of the pc and the globe there is:
> "The specified service does not exist as an installed service."
> I try everything..please help me,
> Thanks,
> --
> Andrea

Andrea

Re: "The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
There are 2 error in the start up:
-Event ID 15016 — HTTP Service Authentication
-Event ID 3095 - NETLOGON (This computer is configured as a member of a
workgroup, not as a member of a domain)
I use Vista Home premium.
Thank you..
--
Andrea

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Any errors in the event viewer?
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My network connection icon has a red X and when I’d mouse over it, it show
> > the error, "Connection status: Unknown The specified service does not
> > exist
> > as an installed service."
> > When I open Network and Sharing center, it normally load but instead of
> > the
> > image of the pc and the globe there is:
> > "The specified service does not exist as an installed service."
> > I try everything..please help me,
> > Thanks,
> > --
> > Andrea

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: "The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
Are you connecting to a domain network? Also this search result may help.
Please post back with the result.

Workstation Service IssuesThe vent Viewer may have “Event ID: 3095 - Source:
NETLOGON - This Windows NT computer is configured as a member of a
workgroup, not as a member of a domain ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/Networkin...onservice1.htm

--

> There are 2 error in the start up:
> -Event ID 15016 — HTTP Service Authentication
> -Event ID 3095 - NETLOGON (This computer is configured as a member of a
> workgroup, not as a member of a domain)
> I use Vista Home premium.
> Thank you..
> --
> Andrea
>

> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Any errors in the event viewer?
>>
>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>

>> "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My network connection icon has a red X and when I’d mouse over it, it
>> > show
>> > the error, "Connection status: Unknown The specified service does not
>> > exist
>> > as an installed service."
>> > When I open Network and Sharing center, it normally load but instead of
>> > the
>> > image of the pc and the globe there is:
>> > "The specified service does not exist as an installed service."
>> > I try everything..please help me,
>> > Thanks,
>> > --
>> > Andrea

Andrea

Re: "The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
I'm connecting with notebook to my home WLAN. I have a modem\router connected
with ethernet cable to the desktop pc. But the problem persists also in
public network.
The problem begins after about 1 months that I used my notebook.
Today I'm also unable to turn on Network discovery (same error:"The
specified service does not exist as an installed service.") in the Network
and Sharing center.
Thank you

--
Andrea

bighaugs@gmail.com

On Jan 18, 10:43 am, Andrea <And...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm connecting with notebook to my home WLAN. I have a modem\router connected
> with ethernet cable to the desktop pc. But the problem persists also in
> public network.
> The problem begins after about 1 months that I used my notebook.
> Today I'm also unable to turn on Network discovery (same error:"The
> specified service does not exist as an installed service.") in the Network
> and Sharing center.
> Thank you
>
> --
> Andrea
>
> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> > Are you connecting to a domain network? Also this search result may help.
> > Please post back with the result.

> > Workstation Service IssuesThe vent Viewer may have "Event ID: 3095 - Source:
> > NETLOGON - This Windows NT computer is configured as a member of a
> > workgroup, not as a member of a domain ...
> > http://www.chicagotech.net/Networkin...onservice1.htm

> > --
> > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
> >http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
> >http://www.HowToNetworking.com

> > "Andrea" <And...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > There are 2 error in the start up:
> > > -Event ID 15016 -- HTTP Service Authentication
> > > -Event ID 3095 - NETLOGON (This computer is configured as a member of a
> > > workgroup, not as a member of a domain)
> > > I use Vista Home premium.
> > > Thank you..
> > > --
> > > Andrea

I am having an identical issue. Any help would be much appreciated!
Andrea

Re: "The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
I resolved the two errors (15016 and 3095), but the Network & sharing center
has the same problem.