mapping a drive to an NT4 network shre

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9objExNzA=?=

mapping a drive to an NT4 network shre
I m having trouble mapping a drive to an NT4 network share, when ever i try
mapping a drive to a shared resource on an NT4 machine it does not reconise
my password, Yet it i try from an XP machine it works fine..

I can ping the device
I can see by browsing to it

Just when ever i try connecting too it my credentials are rejected

Any suggestions?

John
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: mapping a drive to an NT4 network shre
Are you in a domain network? If yes, have join the Vista to the domain?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"John1170" <John1170@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E101754-5286-4929-ACB3-11B09331D89A@microsoft.com...
I m having trouble mapping a drive to an NT4 network share, when ever i try
mapping a drive to a shared resource on an NT4 machine it does not reconise
my password, Yet it i try from an XP machine it works fine..

I can ping the device
I can see by browsing to it

Just when ever i try connecting too it my credentials are rejected

Any suggestions?

John
Kerry Brown

Re: mapping a drive to an NT4 network shre
You need to lower the encryption level of the authentication.

http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Networking/ntlm.aspx

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"John1170" <John1170@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I m having trouble mapping a drive to an NT4 network share, when ever i try
> mapping a drive to a shared resource on an NT4 machine it does not
> reconise
> my password, Yet it i try from an XP machine it works fine..
>
> I can ping the device
> I can see by browsing to it
>
> Just when ever i try connecting too it my credentials are rejected
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> John

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9objExNzA=?=

Re: mapping a drive to an NT4 network shre
Thanks for that cured the problem and makes total sense. Just one of those
days where the brain really didnt want to engage

John

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> You need to lower the encryption level of the authentication.
>
> http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Networking/ntlm.aspx
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>

> "John1170" <John1170@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I m having trouble mapping a drive to an NT4 network share, when ever i try
> > mapping a drive to a shared resource on an NT4 machine it does not
> > reconise
> > my password, Yet it i try from an XP machine it works fine..
> >
> > I can ping the device
> > I can see by browsing to it
> >
> > Just when ever i try connecting too it my credentials are rejected
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > John

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: mapping a drive to an NT4 network shre
Kerry,

Thank you for the link.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message news:OZJQgPhXHHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
You need to lower the encryption level of the authentication.

http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Networking/ntlm.aspx

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://www.vistahelp.ca

"John1170" <John1170@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I m having trouble mapping a drive to an NT4 network share, when ever i try
> mapping a drive to a shared resource on an NT4 machine it does not
> reconise
> my password, Yet it i try from an XP machine it works fine..
>
> I can ping the device
> I can see by browsing to it
>
> Just when ever i try connecting too it my credentials are rejected
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> John

Kerry Brown

Re: mapping a drive to an NT4 network shre
You're welcome

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

> Thanks for that cured the problem and makes total sense. Just one of those
> days where the brain really didnt want to engage

Kerry Brown

Re: mapping a drive to an NT4 network shre
You're welcome. Jimmy's site has many excellent articles about Vista. The
article on UAC should be required reading during the oobe for Vista :-)

Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://www.vistahelp.ca

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" <noreply@hotmail.com> wrote in message