XP Vista Network Problem

=?Utf-8?B?VGhpc19Jc19Ccmlhbg==?=

XP Vista Network Problem
I tried everything I can think of but still cannot successfully network Vista
to Vista or XP.
I have 4 computers networked by a wired hub (switch). 2 computers are Vista
Ultimate and 2 are XP Pro. Only my main PC (this one) has Norton Internet
Security and the others have nothing, and I even shut off the firewall on the
others. I used NetBIOS in the past and had no problems but can't get it to
work now. I tried all other protocols and again nothing. I can see the other
Vista machine from this one, but it will not let me access it. I have tried
many of the post here but still no luck. Could someone could tell me the
exact settings and protocols?
Also, any other advice would be helpful. Yes I've done all the turn off the
firewall, downloaded and installed LLTD on the XP machine, etc., but still
nothing. Getting very frustrating.
Thanks in advance!
Brian
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: XP Vista Network Problem
It must be TCP/IP. More and other protocol will bring more issues. Assuming you receive network path not found error, this post may help,

Vista: The Network Path was not found
http://www.chicagotech.net/forum1.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"This_Is_Brian" <This_Is_Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:119AAB07-7147-4C68-AF6C-D7D63416D9FC@microsoft.com...
[...]

Thank you Robert!
That did it, it now works!!

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> It must be TCP/IP. More and other protocol will bring more issues. Assuming you receive network path not found error, this post may help,
>
> Vista: The Network Path was not found
> http://www.chicagotech.net/forum1.htm
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "This_Is_Brian" <This_Is_Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:119AAB07-7147-4C68-AF6C-D7D63416D9FC@microsoft.com...
> I tried everything I can think of but still cannot successfully network Vista
> to Vista or XP.
> I have 4 computers networked by a wired hub (switch). 2 computers are Vista
> Ultimate and 2 are XP Pro. Only my main PC (this one) has Norton Internet
> Security and the others have nothing, and I even shut off the firewall on the
> others. I used NetBIOS in the past and had no problems but can't get it to
> work now. I tried all other protocols and again nothing. I can see the other
> Vista machine from this one, but it will not let me access it. I have tried
> many of the post here but still no luck. Could someone could tell me the
> exact settings and protocols?
> Also, any other advice would be helpful. Yes I've done all the turn off the
> firewall, downloaded and installed LLTD on the XP machine, etc., but still
> nothing. Getting very frustrating.
> Thanks in advance!
> Brian

Robert L [MVP - Networking]