MS Phone Support?

Scott Meyers

MS Phone Support?
As one of many people with networking problems here, I was interested to
see that MS offers free phone support for 90 days after registering
Vista (http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...x?gprid=11732). Has
anybody tried this option? I'd rather talk to a person on the phone in
real time than deal with newsgroup delays, but my experience with MS
support on other products has been, um, uneven.

Thanks,

Scott
Keith D

reply:-e: MS Phone Support?

"Scott Meyers" <usenet@aristeia.com> wrote in message
> As one of many people with networking problems here, I was interested to
> see that MS offers free phone support for 90 days after registering Vista
> (http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...x?gprid=11732). Has anybody
> tried this option? I'd rather talk to a person on the phone in real time
> than deal with newsgroup delays, but my experience with MS support on
> other products has been, um, uneven.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

Hi

Yes sure have

where are you ???

i am in uk ours goes to india which was not a problem guy spoke perfect
english when he realised he had no immediate answer
he took my number all calls after that they phoned me so very little call
cost
either

cant fault them

i was told you get 2 free phone help calls with Vista
mine took 6 hours to sort over 2 days!!!!

i was told at the end 2 things

my 2 calls would be rest to zero as not my fault and they didnt have the
answer
but by doing all told i had helped them sort for the w future

which i assume is now safely entered into the M/Soft dbase

good luck

Keith D.

kraftee

Re: MS Phone Support?
Scott Meyers wrote:
> As one of many people with networking problems here, I was
> interested to see that MS offers free phone support for 90 days
> after registering Vista
> (http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...x?gprid=11732). Has
> anybody tried this option? I'd rather talk to a person on the
> phone in real time than deal with newsgroup delays, but my
> experience with MS support on other products has been, um, uneven.
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

How can one register if the blasted thing wont connect because it's
got DNS issues which the rest of the network hasn't, can't even
activate it let alone register!!!

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

RE: MS Phone Support?
"Scott Meyers" wrote:
> As one of many people with networking problems here, I was interested to
> see that MS offers free phone support for 90 days after registering
> Vista (http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...x?gprid=11732). Has
> anybody tried this option? I'd rather talk to a person on the phone in
> real time than deal with newsgroup delays, but my experience with MS
> support on other products has been, um, uneven.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

Hi Scott,

As one of those who who has talked with MS support, and
who provided tech. support himself (not for MS!) - I'd suggest
to use email whenever possible.
This format does not limit you in time, lets you put all the details
accurately, attach screen shots, error messages etc.
Most of technical issues are just impossible to solve in real time, so the
delay
may be inevitable.
Email really helps the support folks to help you best, and it costs you less.

Use the voice call only if you receive no confirmation to your
email, or if the issue is non-technical, or has
sensitive details that you can't send by email.

Regards,
--PA