Maybe OT: How to be a net-masochist

Radium

Maybe OT: How to be a net-masochist
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY FOR SELF-DESTRUCTIVE NET-IDIOTS. UNLESS
YOU ENJOY BEING TORTURED VIA THE INTERNET, DO NOT -- I REPEAT -- DO
NOT *EVER* DO THE STUFF INSTRUCTED BELOW, CUZ THERE IS A HIGH HIGH
CHANCE THAT IT WILL LEAD TO YOUR UNTIMELY END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, net-masochists, do the following AT YOUR OWN RISK!:

1. Use Internet Explorer and alter the security/privacy settings in
the "Internet Options" as mentioned below

2. Slide the privacy meter down to "Accept all cookies"

3. Set all of the following to "enable":

A. Run components not signed with Authenticode

B. Download unsigned ActiveX controls

C. Initialize and script ActiveX controls not
marked as safe

D. Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins

E. Access data sources acroos domains

F. Allow META REFRESH

G. Display mixed content

H. Don't prompt for client certificate selection when no certificates
or only one certificate exists

I. Drag and drop or copy and paste files

J. Installation of desktop items

K. Launching programs and files in an IFRAME

L. Navigate sub-frames across different domains

M. Submit nonencrypted form data

N. Userdata persistance

O. Active scripting

P. Allow paste operations via script

Q. Scripting of Java applets

4. Set the "Logon" of "User Authentication" to "Anonymous Logon"

5. Set "software channel permissions" to "low safety"

6. Set "Java permission" to "custom", then click the "Java Custom
Settings" button, and then click on the "Edit Permissions" tab. Now,
for the "unsigned content", set all of the following to "enable" :

A. Run unsigned content

B. Under the "Additional Unsigned Permisssion", set all the following
to enable:

- "Access to all files"

- "Access to all Network Addresses"

- "Execute"

- "Dialogs"

- "System Information"

- "Printing"

- "Protected Scratch Space"

- "User Selected File Access"

7. Don't use any firewall, or any other internet-security, anti-spy or
anti-virus software. If already installed, set all settings to the
minimum or uninstall prior to doing the above 6.

8. Spam chat rooms and newsgroups with provocative messages using
unsecure chat and usenet applications. Use Yahelite, Messenger, or any
other chat software and disable any/all privacy/security measures.
Post to usenet via IE using Google Groups.

9. Install webcam and microphones, keep both of them on. Set your
microphone to the highest sensitivity so that your personal wispers
will be heard. Install webcams on your computer and connect the
cameras and microphones to every corner of every room of your house.
At night, increase the sensitivity of the cameras so that they can
pick up visuals that the human eye can't see in the dark. Be sure that
these cameras give high-quality color, images, and motion signals. Be
sure that your microphone is that of superb quality.

10. Do all your internet activities from home

11. Use an M$ OS

Feel free to add any other tips

=?Utf-8?B?dm9pZ3RzdHI=?=

RE: Maybe OT: How to be a net-masochist
Nice work

"Radium" wrote:

> [...]
> minimum or uninstall prior to doing the above 6.
>

> 8. Spam chat rooms and newsgroups with provocative messages using
> unsecure chat and usenet applications. Use Yahelite, Messenger, or any
> other chat software and disable any/all privacy/security measures.
> Post to usenet via IE using Google Groups.
>

> 9. Install webcam and microphones, keep both of them on. Set your
> microphone to the highest sensitivity so that your personal wispers
> will be heard. Install webcams on your computer and connect the
> cameras and microphones to every corner of every room of your house.
> At night, increase the sensitivity of the cameras so that they can
> pick up visuals that the human eye can't see in the dark. Be sure that
> these cameras give high-quality color, images, and motion signals. Be
> sure that your microphone is that of superb quality.
>

> 10. Do all your internet activities from home

=?Utf-8?B?SWFu?=

RE: Maybe OT: How to be a net-masochist
Precis:

1. Use Internet Explorer.

2. Realise this isn't a good idea.

3. Switch to Firefox or Opera. ;-)

Radium

On Mar 3, 12:23 am, Ian <I...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> 3. Switch to Firefox or Opera. ;-)

EWWWWWW, Firefox!

Mozilla is so much better than Firefox.

Mozilla is paradise.

Firefox stinks like human kakaa. Firefox is so creepy, frightening,
disgusting, terrifying, irritating, and annoying.

Quote http://blog.fawny.org/2004/10/13/moz/ :

"Why Mozilla is better than Firefox"

Quote from http://it.slashdot.org/comments.pl?s...d&cid=11125167
:

"Firefox is not a full web browser like Mozilla (which is the
successor of good old Netscape). I don't like Firefox."

Mozilla is better than Firefox!

Stinky firefox

Firefox Stinks! Suite Rules!

I surely hope that a talented anti-firefox geek will develope a
malicious code that will attack Firefox. Then everyone will be forced
to use Mozilla instead.

Mozilla is the best browser. Firefox is the worst.

Mozilla Suite is my favorite internet browser.

Here are my browser-ratings from best to worst:
1. Mozilla Suite [esp. the latest version]
2. Netscape communicators and navigators
3. Opera, IE, the newer netscape platforms [from 6.0 up], and Mozilla
browsers [other than Suite and Firefox]
4. Firefox

Will someone please make some sort of malware to attack firefox?

I support Mozilla Suite to the extreme but hate firefox with equal
intensity

Mozilla = the fresh, delicious, heavenly, bright, warm, cool,
vibrating, buzzing, tingly, rejuvenating, refreshing aroma of sour,
organic, natural, pesticide-free, red-&-green peaches right from the
tree

Firefox = the hellish stink of stinky, thick, foamy, tickly, itchy,
hissy, terrifying, disgusting, and annoying human diarrhea kakaa foam
of a human who eats stale, fat-free cheddar cheese, sticky milk
chocolate, rotten lentils, and farty cauliflower.

The frightening stuff in firefox is when you click ctrl+f ["find in
this page"] and you type something in the find box that cannot be
found, the text you tried to find [in the find box] turns white and
the previously-white backround in the find box turns reddish pink and
you get an error message "phrase not found".

The reddish-pink color just scares the living f--- outta me. I hate
it.

The following is OT but I'll add anyway. Due to some hellish
subconscious experience of mine that I'm not able to remember
[psychogenic amnesia], the appearance of reddish-pink or orangish-
yellow [the color of cheddar cheese] causes me to experience intense
feelings of fear and disgust. For me, the worst color would be
patterns of orangish-yellow alongside patterns of reddish-pink.
Whenever I see such colors, I enter a dissociative state of negative
emotions.

As for red color alone, I actually like it. I like seeing patterns of
pure red alongside patterns of green. I especially like dark pure red
[the color of oxyhemoglobin mixed with char and smoke] alongside
yellowish-green [lime green].