Error 732 VPN acess

teresa

Error 732 VPN acess
Hi

I have a computer with XP Pro and another one with Vista Ultimate.

In XP I have Remote Acess Desktop to the server at my work, by VPN, but in
Vista, I just receive an Error: 732.

Anybody have a clue about this?

Please, help me!

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Error 732 VPN acess
Check the Authentication and encryption setting. Also this link may help,

VPN error codeVPN Error 732: The PPP negotiation is not converging · VPN Error 733 - The PPP control protocol for this network protocol is not available on the server ...
http://www.howtonetworking.com/vpnerrors.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"teresa" <teresarasas@msn.com> wrote in message news2CEFC6F-0CD8-483B-BC2F-5DC5FF5044B4@microsoft.com...
Hi

I have a computer with XP Pro and another one with Vista Ultimate.

In XP I have Remote Acess Desktop to the server at my work, by VPN, but in
Vista, I just receive an Error: 732.

Anybody have a clue about this?

Please, help me!

teresa

Re: Error 732 VPN acess
Well,

I've copy the configs from XP. There are some option diferent in Vista, but I don't see any diference:

VPN XP Properties:

General: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Prompt for name - check
Security: Tipical - Validate my identity as Require secured password
Networking: Automatic and PPP SettingsEnable LCP and enable software compression

VPN Vista Proprieties

General: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Security: Like Xp
Networking: Automatic

And TCP/IP configs are the same.

In XP when I'm conecting in details:

Device Name: WAN Miniport (PPTP)
Device Type: vpn
Servide Type: PPP
Transports: TCP/IP
Autentication MS CHAP
Encryption: MPPE 40
Compression: (none)
PPP multilink framing: Off
Service IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Client IP Address: 10.6.0.6

I don't know anythink more like My username and Password... In XP all work's fine.
I have access to my work server in Remote Desktop by an IP like 10.x.x.x
And I saw a Friendly Window "manage your Server"
Sistem Microsoft Windows Server 2003 - Satandard Edition Service Pack 1

And I'm not the Adm of server, but I need to access at this server for use inside another Remote Desktop for another server, wish I have my folders.

My admin, don't have Vista, and I think he don't go help me, because it is supose I use XP. I have an old lap with XP, but now I have another one with vista. I have to deliver the old one, because now they give me this one.
For now it's ok because I have the XP, but in few days I'll stay with only the new one. And I don't downgrade to XP because this VPN access

Tks.
teresa

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" <noreply@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%236UsqvRXHHA.1000@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
Check the Authentication and encryption setting. Also this link may help,

VPN error code VPN Error 732: The PPP negotiation is not converging · VPN Error 733 - The PPP control protocol for this network protocol is not available on the server ...
http://www.howtonetworking.com/vpnerrors.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"teresa" <teresarasas@msn.com> wrote in message news2CEFC6F-0CD8-483B-BC2F-5DC5FF5044B4@microsoft.com...
Hi

I have a computer with XP Pro and another one with Vista Ultimate.

In XP I have Remote Acess Desktop to the server at my work, by VPN, but in
Vista, I just receive an Error: 732.

Anybody have a clue about this?

Please, help me!

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Error 732 VPN acess
Actually, if you copy the XP VPN connection to the Vista and test it.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"teresa" <teresarasas@msn.com> wrote in message news:08890326-8B51-49E5-91ED-AEA05AB5051C@microsoft.com...
[...]

Hi Bob!

I've test it and it is my problem, I received the error 732!
Strange, no?
Can I ask you to access to my computer by Remote Assistence? Please!!!

Tks
teresa
"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" <noreply@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ejfuIVoXHHA.4232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
[...]

Sure, go this page and find my email address, http://www.howtonetworking.com/services.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"teresa" <teresarasas@msn.com> wrote in message news:71439A63-5745-4957-B293-FE9094E7A739@microsoft.com...
[...]

jevan

Re: Error 732 VPN acess

My VPN isn't working I get error 733.

I have DHCP running on the server so I don't think there's a problem
with IP assignment.

I have windows vista enterprise server at work and we have windows
vista and windows xp on our computers we have two separate networks
which we are trying to VPN in to each of them, via our separate routers
which have separate internet ISP connection (modem).

--
jevan
jevan's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=51510

http://forums.techarena.in

jevan

Re: Error 732 VPN acess

Actually VPN is working now but it's REALLY really really very very slow
!!

Is there any way to speed up VPN. It takes about 5 minutes to upload a
1MB PDF file over vpn into microsoft frontpage. Normally it is much
faster than this if it wasn't over a VPN.

Would changing encryption schemes speed it up, is there something I can
do there?

Thanks,

Jevan.