Broadband Connection not shown in systray Network icon

=?Utf-8?B?RGFya3d1bmRlcg==?=

Broadband Connection not shown in systray Network icon
My Broadband Connection is not always identified as being active in the
systray even though it is. The network connection window that comes up when
the systray context menu item "connect to network" is selected correctly
shows the broadband connection as active, and gives me the option to
disconnect. The network map also correctly shows the connection as active.
When I disconnect and reconnect, my Broadband connection is still not shown
as active in the systray. When this happens, the only way to get my
connection to display as active in the systray is to reboot.

Any suggestions on how to get the network connections to show up properly in
the systray would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
DarWun
=?Utf-8?B?TWFyeQ==?=

RE: Broadband Connection not shown in systray Network icon
A broadband connection (dsl or cable) should not give you the option to
disconnect since you are always connected. Your Internet Options in IE need
changing. Go to IE, Tools, Internet Options, Connections tab and make sure
there is nothing in the Dialup/VPN box. Then make sure Never dial a
connection is selected. This will be greyed out when the box is empty, so
check it first before you delete the dialup connection.

"Darkwunder" wrote:

> My Broadband Connection is not always identified as being active in the
> systray even though it is. The network connection window that comes up when
> the systray context menu item "connect to network" is selected correctly
> shows the broadband connection as active, and gives me the option to
> disconnect. The network map also correctly shows the connection as active.
> When I disconnect and reconnect, my Broadband connection is still not shown
> as active in the systray. When this happens, the only way to get my
> connection to display as active in the systray is to reboot.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get the network connections to show up properly in
> the systray would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> DarWun

=?Utf-8?B?RGFya3d1bmRlcg==?=

RE: Broadband Connection not shown in systray Network icon
Thanks Mary. I think I am missing something. My broadband connection is not
always active. I have to manually connect whenever I want to go on-line.
When I am done surfing the web, I disconnect. Only my local area connection
is active all the time. This is exactly the same way things worked under XP.

I should probably note that I don't currently use a router. When I had my
network set up using a router, my broadband connection was active all the
time. Without the router, it only connects when I tell it to.