Vista Screen Saver and Wireless Networking

NJ Dave

Vista Screen Saver and Wireless Networking
When my Vista laptop goes to screen saver it will lose its wireless internet
connection. When I exit screen saver it typically takes like 5 minutes for
it to reconnect to the Netgear Wireless router and get Internet
connectivitiy. Is this a Vista issue (I dont have this issue with my 2 XP
PC's)? Any sugestions?
--
NJ Dave
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista Screen Saver and Wireless Networking
You may want to reset the power management. Please post back with the
result.

Vista Power Management IssuesVista Power Management Issues. Losing wireless
connection to ... Resolutions of losing network after sleep mode Vista go to
sleep while I'm working on it. ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapower.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"NJ Dave" <NJDave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When my Vista laptop goes to screen saver it will lose its wireless
> internet
> connection. When I exit screen saver it typically takes like 5 minutes
> for
> it to reconnect to the Netgear Wireless router and get Internet
> connectivitiy. Is this a Vista issue (I dont have this issue with my 2 XP
> PC's)? Any sugestions?
> --
> NJ Dave

NJ Dave

Re: Vista Screen Saver and Wireless Networking
I adjusted it and it did not work. The PC is not going into sleep mode nor
hibernation. The Screen Saver simply comes on and when I type the password
to exit the screen saver the PC will blink a second and then lose the
wireless connection. In like 3 to 5 minutes the wireless connection comes
back. Could this be a Firewall issue? I have Norton 360 on this laptop.
--
NJ Dave

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> You may want to reset the power management. Please post back with the
> result.
>
> Vista Power Management IssuesVista Power Management Issues. Losing wireless
> connection to ... Resolutions of losing network after sleep mode Vista go to
> sleep while I'm working on it. ...
> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapower.htm
>

> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "NJ Dave" <NJDave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When my Vista laptop goes to screen saver it will lose its wireless
> > internet
> > connection. When I exit screen saver it typically takes like 5 minutes
> > for
> > it to reconnect to the Netgear Wireless router and get Internet
> > connectivitiy. Is this a Vista issue (I dont have this issue with my 2 XP
> > PC's)? Any sugestions?
> > --
> > NJ Dave

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista Screen Saver and Wireless Networking
You may try to start the Vista using clean booting.Or the following link may
help too.

Vista Screen Saver Issues
http://www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaissues.htm