Home Network Connection from XP (ICS) to Vista

BobM

Home Network Connection from XP (ICS) to Vista
I have a XP computer connected through a D-link Broadband Router to a
Motorola Surfboard cable modem. Everything woks fine. When I attempted to
hook up my VISTA computer to the router it does not see it. I keep getting
"unidentified network" and no mater what I do, I can not get it to connect.
I did the setup Network on the XP machine but it does not see the Vista
machine. I have both computers set up with the same workgroup name. I need
help. I was hopeing that the Vista computer would connect with little or no
problem (big mistake).
--
BobM
Mick Murphy

RE: Home Network Connection from XP (ICS) to Vista
If you have hooked up the vista computer to the router with a Cat5 Cable, it
should automatically get to the internet.
Check the router Manufacturer's website to see if there is a firmware update
for their router to be compatible with vista.

How to give Permissions are there, too.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

from an XP computer.

"BobM" wrote:

> I have a XP computer connected through a D-link Broadband Router to a
> Motorola Surfboard cable modem. Everything woks fine. When I attempted to
> hook up my VISTA computer to the router it does not see it. I keep getting
> "unidentified network" and no mater what I do, I can not get it to connect.
> I did the setup Network on the XP machine but it does not see the Vista
> machine. I have both computers set up with the same workgroup name. I need
> help. I was hopeing that the Vista computer would connect with little or no
> problem (big mistake).
> --
> BobM

BobM

RE: Home Network Connection from XP (ICS) to Vista
Checked the MFG of the Router and NIC card and everything is up to date (both
are D-Link) Router is DGL-4100, NIC is DGE-530T. I set up the VISTA as
described below and still no connection. I connected the VISTA directly to
the Cable Modem and still could only see the local Private network and not
connect out to the Internet.
It is like VISTA does not want to see out of the Computer. Any ideas?

BobM
--
BobM