Dropped Connection...

zzZRoc_24K

Dropped Connection...
I kept losing my connection on my system. I tried many things, enen the
registry edit.
So far for 12 hours, I have not lost a connection.
I diabled the Windows Update. Then unchecked the IPV6 Box in Manages Network
Connections.
I manually check for Updates ever time I first boot it.
BTW: I'm not using a Router.

Jeffrey Randow

Re: Dropped Connection...
Describe how you are losing your connection.

When the connection drops, go to a command prompt and type in ipconfig
/all. Do you still have a network address (and default gateway)?

Do you lose your connection when after your cmputer goes to sleep?
---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 16:56:00 -0800, zzZRoc_24K
<zzZRoc24K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I kept losing my connection on my system. I tried many things, enen the
>registry edit.
>So far for 12 hours, I have not lost a connection.
>I diabled the Windows Update. Then unchecked the IPV6 Box in Manages Network
>Connections.
>I manually check for Updates ever time I first boot it.
>BTW: I'm not using a Router.

zzZRoc_24K

Re: Dropped Connection...
No I have all power settings turn off, I play World of Warcraft or watch a
movie and my connection would be dropped and get disconnted from Online
Gaming. several times and have to reboot to get it back.

So now, its been about 24 hous and I have not lost a connection yet. Yeaa!!
But I still have to check manually for windows updates.

"Jeffrey Randow" wrote:

> Describe how you are losing your connection.
>
> When the connection drops, go to a command prompt and type in ipconfig
> /all. Do you still have a network address (and default gateway)?
>
> Do you lose your connection when after your cmputer goes to sleep?
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow
> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
> http://www.networkblog.net
>
> On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 16:56:00 -0800, zzZRoc_24K
> <zzZRoc24K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I kept losing my connection on my system. I tried many things, enen the
> >registry edit.
> >So far for 12 hours, I have not lost a connection.
> >I diabled the Windows Update. Then unchecked the IPV6 Box in Manages Network
> >Connections.
> >I manually check for Updates ever time I first boot it.
> >BTW: I'm not using a Router.

zzZRoc_24K

Re: Dropped Connection...
36 Hours Now...

"zzZRoc_24K" wrote:

> No I have all power settings turn off, I play World of Warcraft or watch a
> movie and my connection would be dropped and get disconnted from Online
> Gaming. several times and have to reboot to get it back.
>
> So now, its been about 24 hous and I have not lost a connection yet. Yeaa!!
> But I still have to check manually for windows updates.
>
> "Jeffrey Randow" wrote:
>
> > Describe how you are losing your connection.
> >
> > When the connection drops, go to a command prompt and type in ipconfig
> > /all. Do you still have a network address (and default gateway)?
> >
> > Do you lose your connection when after your cmputer goes to sleep?
> > ---
> > Jeffrey Randow
> > jeffreycentex@gmail.com
> > Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
> > http://www.networkblog.net
> >
> > On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 16:56:00 -0800, zzZRoc_24K
> > <zzZRoc24K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I kept losing my connection on my system. I tried many things, enen the
> > >registry edit.
> > >So far for 12 hours, I have not lost a connection.
> > >I diabled the Windows Update. Then unchecked the IPV6 Box in Manages Network
> > >Connections.
> > >I manually check for Updates ever time I first boot it.
> > >BTW: I'm not using a Router.

zzZRoc_24K

Re: Dropped Connection...
No Dropped Connection Now, All Systems Go!

"zzZRoc_24K" wrote:

> 36 Hours Now...
>
> "zzZRoc_24K" wrote:
>
> > No I have all power settings turn off, I play World of Warcraft or watch a
> > movie and my connection would be dropped and get disconnted from Online
> > Gaming. several times and have to reboot to get it back.
> >
> > So now, its been about 24 hous and I have not lost a connection yet. Yeaa!!
> > But I still have to check manually for windows updates.
> >
> > "Jeffrey Randow" wrote:
> >
> > > Describe how you are losing your connection.
> > >
> > > When the connection drops, go to a command prompt and type in ipconfig
> > > /all. Do you still have a network address (and default gateway)?
> > >
> > > Do you lose your connection when after your cmputer goes to sleep?
> > > ---
> > > Jeffrey Randow
> > > jeffreycentex@gmail.com
> > > Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
> > > http://www.networkblog.net

Jeffrey Randow

Re: Dropped Connection...
Glad it is working for you...

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 15:59:01 -0800, zzZRoc_24K