IIS 7.0 on Vista Home Basic

Dale

IIS 7.0 on Vista Home Basic
I recently added Windows Vista Home Basic to my MacBook Pro purely so I could
access IIS and ASP.Net at home to learn how to code for the latter. I didn't
need any of the other features mentioned in the version comparison list and
thus decided not to spend extra on Home Premium.

At no point on Windows Marketplace was I told that I could not access IIS on
Home Basic as it was a feature reserved for the more expensive versions of
the operating system; and when I installed it, I was able to install the
various related components in the Windows Feature section of the Program
management in the Control Panel.

Am I really unable to administrate IIS and ASP.Net on Windows Vista Home
Basic? I fully understand why Microsoft differentiate the different versions
of Vista (despite thinking it's ridiculous - this does not happen with Mac OS
X), but there must be a standalone, downloadable version I can install
without spending more money on Vista upgrades?

Before I complain to customer services I thought I would ask for workarounds.
Jeffrey Randow

Re: IIS 7.0 on Vista Home Basic
Are you trying to run IIS on the vista box, or do you want to
administer an IIS instance on another box?
---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006