Vista Network problem

Bear

Vista Network problem
I have Vist on one pc and XP on anouther. Now XP can see vista but vista can
not see XP

Thanks Bear
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista Network problem

How to give Permissions are there, too.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

from an XP computer.

"Bear" wrote:

> I have Vist on one pc and XP on anouther. Now XP can see vista but vista can
> not see XP
>
> Thanks Bear

Bear

RE: Vista Network problem
This is all done. Vist pc can not see XP pc

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> How to give Permissions are there, too.
>
> 1st thing to do is make sure that the Workgroup Name of ALL the computers is
> the SAME.
>
> In Vista Network and Sharing:

> File Sharing: ON
>
> Public Folder Sharing: ON (Vista’s Public Folder is the same as XP’s Shared
> Docs)

> passwords on ALL computers in your Network) If you have it ON, you will be
> asked for a username and password when you try to access a Vista computer
> from an XP computer.
>
> Also, run the XP’s Home Network File and Printer sharing Wizard.
>

> "Bear" wrote:
>
> > I have Vist on one pc and XP on anouther. Now XP can see vista but vista can
> > not see XP
> >
> > Thanks Bear

Bear

RE: Vista Network problem
I have done all this Vista PC still can not see XP PC

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> How to give Permissions are there, too.
>
> 1st thing to do is make sure that the Workgroup Name of ALL the computers is
> the SAME.
>
> In Vista Network and Sharing:

> File Sharing: ON
>
> Public Folder Sharing: ON (Vista’s Public Folder is the same as XP’s Shared
> Docs)

> passwords on ALL computers in your Network) If you have it ON, you will be
> asked for a username and password when you try to access a Vista computer
> from an XP computer.
>
> Also, run the XP’s Home Network File and Printer sharing Wizard.
>

> "Bear" wrote:
>
> > I have Vist on one pc and XP on anouther. Now XP can see vista but vista can
> > not see XP
> >
> > Thanks Bear

Bear

RE: Vista Network problem
One more thing I noticed. Is that when I share a folder. I get Folder could
not be shared. But the share icon showes up and the XP pc can see the folder.
Also when in network my PC icon shows but I can not access.

Bear

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> How to give Permissions are there, too.
>
> 1st thing to do is make sure that the Workgroup Name of ALL the computers is
> the SAME.
>
> In Vista Network and Sharing:

> File Sharing: ON
>
> Public Folder Sharing: ON (Vista’s Public Folder is the same as XP’s Shared
> Docs)

> passwords on ALL computers in your Network) If you have it ON, you will be
> asked for a username and password when you try to access a Vista computer
> from an XP computer.
>
> Also, run the XP’s Home Network File and Printer sharing Wizard.
>

> "Bear" wrote:
>
> > I have Vist on one pc and XP on anouther. Now XP can see vista but vista can
> > not see XP
> >
> > Thanks Bear

claus

Re: Vista Network problem

I have the same problem with limited connection ... what can I do ?

--
claus
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista Network problem
Your problem now is:
A firewall issue
A permissions issue
Net work discovery HAS to be ON
Workgroup names the same
What anti-virus?

"Bear" wrote:

> This is all done. Vist pc can not see XP pc
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
> > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx
> >
> > Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing.
> > How to give Permissions are there, too.
> >
> > 1st thing to do is make sure that the Workgroup Name of ALL the computers is
> > the SAME.
> >
> > In Vista Network and Sharing:
> >
> > Network Discovery: ON (So it can see the other computers)
> >
> > Network set to Private (Public is for hotspots, airports, etc)
> >
> > File Sharing: ON
> >
> > Public Folder Sharing: ON (Vista’s Public Folder is the same as XP’s Shared
> > Docs)
> >
> > Password Protected: OFF (unless you want to set up identical usernames and
> > passwords on ALL computers in your Network) If you have it ON, you will be
> > asked for a username and password when you try to access a Vista computer
> > from an XP computer.
> >
> > Also, run the XP’s Home Network File and Printer sharing Wizard.
> >

> > "Bear" wrote:
> >
> > > I have Vist on one pc and XP on anouther. Now XP can see vista but vista can
> > > not see XP
> > >
> > > Thanks Bear

Bear

RE: Vista Network problem