Problems with Vista and internet connection

goran

Problems with Vista and internet connection
Hi to all

I heave problem with internet connection. If I leave PC untented for half an
hour or more it tries to connect to internet and sometimes after i play
games. I heave ADSL connection and my connection has limit on download.
I heave set up in IE that connection is never used (so that IE cant make
connection by default). But still i find that PC is connected to internet,
Pulling ot cables and shutting down ADSL modem is out of question.
Phisherman

Re: Problems with Vista and internet connection
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 03:02:13 -0800, goran
<goran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi to all
>
>I heave problem with internet connection. If I leave PC untented for half an
>hour or more it tries to connect to internet and sometimes after i play
>games. I heave ADSL connection and my connection has limit on download.
>I heave set up in IE that connection is never used (so that IE cant make
>connection by default). But still i find that PC is connected to internet,
>Pulling ot cables and shutting down ADSL modem is out of question.

Mine connects too and have been trying to find a solution for almost
three weeks. Very difficult to find info on this. Examining the
firewall log showed automatic-update was connecting a lot, but there's
something else the firewall is not picking up. Already checked for
malware using three utilities. Vista has a mind of its own...grrrrr
goran

Re: Problems with Vista and internet connection
i heve turned off automatic update. this was my first assumption. but as it
seams this is not the source of the problem. did too a malware check with S&D
but came with nothing. This is getting on my nerves i i might switch back to
XP.

"Phisherman" wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 03:02:13 -0800, goran
> <goran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi to all
> >
> >I heave problem with internet connection. If I leave PC untented for half an
> >hour or more it tries to connect to internet and sometimes after i play
> >games. I heave ADSL connection and my connection has limit on download.
> >I heave set up in IE that connection is never used (so that IE cant make
> >connection by default). But still i find that PC is connected to internet,
> >Pulling ot cables and shutting down ADSL modem is out of question.

> Mine connects too and have been trying to find a solution for almost
> three weeks. Very difficult to find info on this. Examining the
> firewall log showed automatic-update was connecting a lot, but there's
> something else the firewall is not picking up. Already checked for
> malware using three utilities. Vista has a mind of its own...grrrrr

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Problems with Vista and internet connection
Do one more test. try to start the computer with clean boot. Does that fix
the problem?

Troubleshooting Vista with clean bootHow to run Windows OS with a clean
....How to run Windows OS with a clean boot ... when you cannot determine the
cause of the issue, you may run Windows Safe ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=778

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"goran" <goran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi to all
>
> I heave problem with internet connection. If I leave PC untented for half
> an
> hour or more it tries to connect to internet and sometimes after i play
> games. I heave ADSL connection and my connection has limit on download.
> I heave set up in IE that connection is never used (so that IE cant make
> connection by default). But still i find that PC is connected to internet,
> Pulling ot cables and shutting down ADSL modem is out of question.

goran

Re: Problems with Vista and internet connection
im more interested in some tool that will give me info on program that is
trying to establish connection. i do not want to shut down all software and
then turn on one by on to find which one is establishing connection. this
will take more time than i heave not to mention that on vista i don't know
what is what (on XP im more familiar with processes).