Network and Sharing Freezes

David

Network and Sharing Freezes
Looking for some help/ideas/confirmation

System is a brand new Dell with 1gig, Vista Home Basic. Wired to a DSL router.

When I go to control panel > network and sharing center, the screen takes 3
minutes to load, then nothing works - not the drop down menus, none of the
tasks listed on the left (which may or may not be hyperlinks to actions - but
I can't tell). Even the x-out and minimize buttons freeze up. Is this a
known issue? Any fixes? The computer is not networked. Was going here to
change an IP address per the DSL setup/firmware update guy. Even rebooted
the PC. Same thing again.

Thanks
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Network and Sharing Freezes
It could be a firewall or security software issue. This post may help.
Please post back with the result.

Can't turn off Vista Discovery and Sharing
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=2552

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

> Looking for some help/ideas/confirmation
>
> System is a brand new Dell with 1gig, Vista Home Basic. Wired to a DSL
> router.
>
> When I go to control panel > network and sharing center, the screen takes
> 3
> minutes to load, then nothing works - not the drop down menus, none of the
> tasks listed on the left (which may or may not be hyperlinks to actions -
> but
> I can't tell). Even the x-out and minimize buttons freeze up. Is this a
> known issue? Any fixes? The computer is not networked. Was going here to
> change an IP address per the DSL setup/firmware update guy. Even rebooted
> the PC. Same thing again.
>
> Thanks

David

Re: Network and Sharing Freezes
Robert,

Disabling my antivirus (spysweeper with antivirus) did not help. Any other
ideas? The article link you posted did not seem relevant. What portion were
you referring to?

David