connecting 2 computers with wireless connection

retired4good214

connecting 2 computers with wireless connection
Maybe I'm to old for this, but I would like to connect my HP vista laptop
which is connected to the internet via dsl modem to another laptop Compax
XP.. both computers have wireless capabilities...I would like to share the
internet connection...It worked once for me but now I cannot get it to
work...On the XP computer it shows that I am connected to the VISTA computer
and when I try to get on the internet on the XP computer it will not open IE,
I tried diagnostics on the XP and it said there was no wireless
connection...at the same time the XP computer showed that it was
connected...Is it possible to get on the internet on the XP computer using
the VISTA computer connection to the internet? Like I said maybe I am to old
for all of this, but any help would be appreaciated
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: connecting 2 computers with wireless connection
We need more information to help. Posting the result of ipconfig /all may
help.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"retired4good214" <retired4good214@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:153A2D42-73D4-431F-AA12-9E4F09255CD0@microsoft.com...
> Maybe I'm to old for this, but I would like to connect my HP vista laptop
> which is connected to the internet via dsl modem to another laptop Compax
> XP.. both computers have wireless capabilities...I would like to share the
> internet connection...It worked once for me but now I cannot get it to
> work...On the XP computer it shows that I am connected to the VISTA
> computer
> and when I try to get on the internet on the XP computer it will not open
> IE,
> I tried diagnostics on the XP and it said there was no wireless
> connection...at the same time the XP computer showed that it was
> connected...Is it possible to get on the internet on the XP computer using
> the VISTA computer connection to the internet? Like I said maybe I am to
> old
> for all of this, but any help would be appreaciated

retired4good214

Re: connecting 2 computers with wireless connection
I ran ipconfig/all and it seems to be an awful lot of info, should I copy and
paste it to you?

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> We need more information to help. Posting the result of ipconfig /all may
> help.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "retired4good214" <retired4good214@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:153A2D42-73D4-431F-AA12-9E4F09255CD0@microsoft.com...
> > Maybe I'm to old for this, but I would like to connect my HP vista laptop
> > which is connected to the internet via dsl modem to another laptop Compax
> > XP.. both computers have wireless capabilities...I would like to share the
> > internet connection...It worked once for me but now I cannot get it to
> > work...On the XP computer it shows that I am connected to the VISTA
> > computer
> > and when I try to get on the internet on the XP computer it will not open
> > IE,
> > I tried diagnostics on the XP and it said there was no wireless
> > connection...at the same time the XP computer showed that it was
> > connected...Is it possible to get on the internet on the XP computer using
> > the VISTA computer connection to the internet? Like I said maybe I am to
> > old
> > for all of this, but any help would be appreaciated

Mick Murphy

RE: connecting 2 computers with wireless connection
http://www.lytebyte.com/2007/02/21/h...r-using-vista/

The above link should help!
The only other way is to buy a wireless router, and set up a wireless
Netwotk that way.

"retired4good214" wrote:

> Maybe I'm to old for this, but I would like to connect my HP vista laptop
> which is connected to the internet via dsl modem to another laptop Compax
> XP.. both computers have wireless capabilities...I would like to share the
> internet connection...It worked once for me but now I cannot get it to
> work...On the XP computer it shows that I am connected to the VISTA computer
> and when I try to get on the internet on the XP computer it will not open IE,
> I tried diagnostics on the XP and it said there was no wireless
> connection...at the same time the XP computer showed that it was
> connected...Is it possible to get on the internet on the XP computer using
> the VISTA computer connection to the internet? Like I said maybe I am to old
> for all of this, but any help would be appreaciated

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: connecting 2 computers with wireless connection
do ipconfig /all >C:\ipconfig.txt. Then copy and past it to here.

--

message news:19DC8D28-2046-4B9D-B08F-7392CCE87A4A@microsoft.com...
>I ran ipconfig/all and it seems to be an awful lot of info, should I copy
>and
> paste it to you?
>
> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> We need more information to help. Posting the result of ipconfig /all may
>> help.
>>
>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>

>> "retired4good214" <retired4good214@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:153A2D42-73D4-431F-AA12-9E4F09255CD0@microsoft.com...
>> > Maybe I'm to old for this, but I would like to connect my HP vista
>> > laptop
>> > which is connected to the internet via dsl modem to another laptop
>> > Compax
>> > XP.. both computers have wireless capabilities...I would like to share
>> > the
>> > internet connection...It worked once for me but now I cannot get it to
>> > work...On the XP computer it shows that I am connected to the VISTA
>> > computer
>> > and when I try to get on the internet on the XP computer it will not
>> > open
>> > IE,
>> > I tried diagnostics on the XP and it said there was no wireless
>> > connection...at the same time the XP computer showed that it was
>> > connected...Is it possible to get on the internet on the XP computer
>> > using
>> > the VISTA computer connection to the internet? Like I said maybe I am
>> > old
>> > for all of this, but any help would be appreaciated

retired4good214

Re: connecting 2 computers with wireless connection
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . :
2001:0:4136:e38a:2c27:3ad7:ae41:5304(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c27:3ad7:ae41:5304%10(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : lomza.mm.pl
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : 6TO4 Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2002:51be:acfb::51be:acfb(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 2002:c058:6301::c058:6301
89.228.7.226
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 10:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : lomza.mm.pl
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.lomza.mm.pl
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . :
fe80::200:5efe:81.190.172.251%14(Preferre
d)
89.228.7.226