Media Sharing Not Working

Andrew Martin

Media Sharing Not Working
I have a desktop PC with Vista x64 installed and fully patched up to date. I
am trying to setup Media Player sharing so that other devices on my network
can access my files.

I have enabled Media Sharing through Media Player and set it so that all
devices are able to automatically connect. If I go into the Network and
Sharing Center it shows Media Sharing as 'On'. Everything would seem to be
working however no other devices on the network are able to see it, this
includes another Vista Laptop and a Playstation 3 - for the sake of testing
I disabled the Windows Firewall to rule out any problems there.

I've had a search around and this seems to be an issue quite a few people
are having, but so far have been unable to find a solution to other than
'reformat'. I would really rather not reinstall Vista if at all possible,
but does anyone know of a way to get Media Player sharing its files? Or is
there a way to force Vista to run a reinstall of Media Player or repair it?

Cheers

Andrew

Mick Murphy

RE: Media Sharing Not Working

How to give Permissions are there, too.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Media sharing: ON

Docs)

from an XP computer.

Andrew, set up your music file to share.
you wil prob have to alter permissions whick is also in the link.

Or, copy what music you want to share into the Vista Public Folder. (that is
the same as XP's shared docs.)