file sharing settings in vista

mercy53

file sharing settings in vista
when i set my file sharing settings for my home network, i have to rest them
every time i reboot. is there a way to set these once and forget it??

Mick Murphy

RE: file sharing settings in vista

How to give Permissions are there, too.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

from an XP computer.

"mercy53" wrote:

> when i set my file sharing settings for my home network, i have to rest them
> every time i reboot. is there a way to set these once and forget it??

mercy53

RE: file sharing settings in vista
thank you for your response but you do not understand

i have done everything you have suggested, and when i finally get everything
right and i can talk to all of my computers on the network it only lasts
until the next reboot.
let me explain further-
when i start up i can only see my machine.
i have to go to the

"Network and File Sharing" section

then i have to go to

"Set up a connection or network" section

then i have to go to

"Set up a wireless router or access point" section

then i chose

"Set up file and printer sharing"

and

i chose

"Allow sharing with anyone on the same network as this computer"

only then am i allowed to talk to all of my computers and i need to do this
every single time i reboot or come back from sleep mode. and all of the
firewalls are off on all the machines
the machine i am on most is Vista the other two are XP PRO

is there a place i can set these settings and have them stay that way until
i change them again
thank you in advance