Network Discovery turns itself off...

bdemski

Network Discovery turns itself off...

I found a post on another forum explaining the same problem I've been
having on the two vista machines in my office. It is extremely annoying.
If anyone has any advise on what may be causing this, I'd love to hear
it!

THANK YOU!

The post:
> I have enabled network discovery in the Network and Sharing Center,

and set
> the network type to private.
>
> Here is the problem:
>
> I can see & contact other computers on the private network with no

problem -
> except that periodically, for some unknown reason, Network Discovery

seems
> to turn itself back off. After that, when I try to connect to another

system
> on my private network, I get a message that "Network discovery and

file
> shareing are turned off. Network computers and devices are not

visible.
> Click to change". So I click to turn network discovery back on, then

I am
> able to use the network again with no problem - until the next time I

need
> it when it again seems to have turned itself off and I repeat the

process.
> This is very annoying.
>
> Does anyone know why Network discovery & File sharing turns itself

off

--
bdemski
Jeffrey Randow

Re: Network Discovery turns itself off...
Does your network type change back to Public or Unidentified?
---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

--
bdemski
Jeffrey Randow

Re: Network Discovery turns itself off...
The sleep part of this is a known issue....
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=2227
---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com