Vista - XP networking

Jorge

Vista - XP networking
XP Dell hardwired to Linksys router and dsl modem. Vista Gateway on network
via wireless PCI. No matter what permissions I log to files in either
computer, I have full or partial access to some of them but not others. This
is the case at both PCs. So Vista can access XP, printer sharing works in
bothdirections (HP Photo on XP end and HP882c on Vista end. Any suggestions
on how to get the permissions to skick?
--
Life is not a banquet; it is a covered dish dinner. What do you bring to
the table?
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista - XP networking
Make sure you have permissions in the Security tab. This search result may
help too.

Vista Permission IssuesVista Administrative sharing issues Vista can open
but save - access denied ┬Ě Vista can't access XP hard drives because of
permissions ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapermission.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Jorge" <Jorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> XP Dell hardwired to Linksys router and dsl modem. Vista Gateway on
> network
> via wireless PCI. No matter what permissions I log to files in either
> computer, I have full or partial access to some of them but not others.
> This
> is the case at both PCs. So Vista can access XP, printer sharing works in
> bothdirections (HP Photo on XP end and HP882c on Vista end. Any
> suggestions
> on how to get the permissions to skick?
> --
> Life is not a banquet; it is a covered dish dinner. What do you bring to
> the table?

Mick Murphy

RE: Vista - XP networking

How to give Permissions are there, too.

..

"Jorge" wrote:

> XP Dell hardwired to Linksys router and dsl modem. Vista Gateway on network
> via wireless PCI. No matter what permissions I log to files in either
> computer, I have full or partial access to some of them but not others. This
> is the case at both PCs. So Vista can access XP, printer sharing works in
> bothdirections (HP Photo on XP end and HP882c on Vista end. Any suggestions
> on how to get the permissions to skick?
> --
> Life is not a banquet; it is a covered dish dinner. What do you bring to
> the table?

Jorge

RE: Vista - XP networking
Let me restate the Problem. Gateway 5438 - Vista Home Premium - Linksys PCI;
Dell 4550 - XP home - D Link PCI; Dell 8400 XP Media Center - Ethernet to
Linksys WRT54GS
Media Center accesses files from Gateway; Home accesses files from Gateway;
Dells do not access from one another and Gateway does not access from Dells.
All PCs are on same net and same workgroup. They appear on
Vista Net & sharing expanded Map. They appear on McAfee Map. They appear
on network places as indicated in the preceding access pattern. LLTD is
installed and running on the XPs. Folders are individually shared from each
PC. Everything is done with full Administrative priviledges because I am the
only user of the Gateway and the 4550 and the administrator of the 8400. Any
help would be appreciated. I have read all the referenced self help files
and links and most of them are way beyond my understanding and those I
understood I had already applied.
--

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> How to give Permissions are there, too.
>
> .
>

> "Jorge" wrote:
>
> > XP Dell hardwired to Linksys router and dsl modem. Vista Gateway on network
> > via wireless PCI. No matter what permissions I log to files in either
> > computer, I have full or partial access to some of them but not others. This
> > is the case at both PCs. So Vista can access XP, printer sharing works in
> > bothdirections (HP Photo on XP end and HP882c on Vista end. Any suggestions
> > on how to get the permissions to skick?
> > --
> > Life is not a banquet; it is a covered dish dinner. What do you bring to
> > the table?

Scrivener

Re: Vista - XP networking
Sounds like it might be McAfee. Check their site, see if you can find the
solution to your problem there.

Ernie

Life is what you make it. Always has been, always will be.
(Grandma Moses)