VISTA to XP

Sa.raah

VISTA to XP
I Have router and three computers XP connected together.
My new Vista HomE Premium can't find XP & XP finds everything except my vista.

I have same worgroup, sharing ON, Private network...

And 60 day norton protection.

How can I find my XP?

Have A niCe day.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: VISTA to XP
First, can you ping the XP by IP?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Sa.raah" <Sa.raah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I Have router and three computers XP connected together.
> My new Vista HomE Premium can't find XP & XP finds everything except my
> vista.
>
> I have same worgroup, sharing ON, Private network...
>
> And 60 day norton protection.
>
> How can I find my XP?
>
> Have A niCe day.

Mick Murphy

RE: VISTA to XP

How to give Permissions are there, too.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

from an XP computer.

"Sa.raah" wrote:

> I Have router and three computers XP connected together.
> My new Vista HomE Premium can't find XP & XP finds everything except my vista.
>
> I have same worgroup, sharing ON, Private network...
>
> And 60 day norton protection.
>
> How can I find my XP?
>
> Have A niCe day.

Wessel Troost

Re: VISTA to XP
> I have same worgroup, sharing ON, Private network...

Can your Vista machine reach the internet?
Can your VIsta machine ping the XP machine?
You can retrieve the IP address of a machine from the status of its
network connection, or by typing "ipconfig" on the command prompt.

> And 60 day norton protection.

I've seen virus scanners cause strange issues with Vista (tho not
normally in the vanilla setup you are using.) If the issues persist,
try to uninstall Norton. (Disabling is often not good enough.)