PC will not connect

Daniel

PC will not connect
Hi

I have Vista Ultimate networked to a XP Pro PC, the Network is visible on
both PC's, and I can access
the XP Pro fully from the Vista PC and I can access the Vista second hard
drive fully from the XP PC,
but when I try to access the C: Drive on the Vista PC from the XP PC I can
a message that I do not
have permisssion.

I have the same permissions set for both drives on the Vista PC, that is
full access to everything by all user,
only one on each PC.

Is there a setting I may be missing?

I have UAC turned off.

thanks

Daniel

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: PC will not connect
In the C drive, also check the Security tab and make sure everyone has write
permission. This link may help too. Please post back with the result.

Vista Permission IssuesCan I assume the external drive used to be connecting
to other computer and you just re-connect it the the Vista? Check the
permission using this command: . ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapermission.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Daniel" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have Vista Ultimate networked to a XP Pro PC, the Network is visible on
> both PC's, and I can access
> the XP Pro fully from the Vista PC and I can access the Vista second hard
> drive fully from the XP PC,
> but when I try to access the C: Drive on the Vista PC from the XP PC I
> can a message that I do not
> have permisssion.
>
> I have the same permissions set for both drives on the Vista PC, that is
> full access to everything by all user,
> only one on each PC.
>

> Is there a setting I may be missing?
>
> I have UAC turned off.
>
> thanks
>
> Daniel

Daniel

Re: PC will not connect
Bob

thanks for the advice and link, you got got in one, it
was the User Permissions in the security tab.

Thanks for your help

regards

Daniel
"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <noreply@chicagotech.net> wrote in message
> In the C drive, also check the Security tab and make sure everyone has
> write permission. This link may help too. Please post back with the
> result.
>
> Vista Permission IssuesCan I assume the external drive used to be
> connecting to other computer and you just re-connect it the the Vista?
> Check the permission using this command: . ...
> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapermission.htm
>

> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Daniel" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I have Vista Ultimate networked to a XP Pro PC, the Network is visible on
>> both PC's, and I can access
>> the XP Pro fully from the Vista PC and I can access the Vista second hard
>> drive fully from the XP PC,
>> but when I try to access the C: Drive on the Vista PC from the XP PC I
>> can a message that I do not
>> have permisssion.
>>
>> I have the same permissions set for both drives on the Vista PC, that is
>> full access to everything by all user,
>> only one on each PC.
>>

>> Is there a setting I may be missing?
>>
>> I have UAC turned off.