Unidentified Network direct connect BUT ok with Wireless

Ron Boetger

Unidentified Network direct connect BUT ok with Wireless
I have a user with a new laptop that is running Windows Vista Home
Edition. He as able to plug into the corporate system and get to the
internet with no problem. We purchased a new Linksys Wireless Router
for his home. He is able to connect with the wireless in his laptop
but NOT with a patch cord.

My laptop running Windows Vista Business Edition is able to connect
both with the Wireless and with a patch cable.

Any Ideas what is going on?
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Unidentified Network direct connect BUT ok with Wireless
I would upgrade the NIC driver first. Or this search result may help. Please
post back with the result.

Resolution of Vista Unidentified NetworkThe Vista Unidentified Network or
Limited Connectivity could be hardware, TCP/IP configuration or security
issues. The following are some resolutions. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/vista/uni...irdnetwork.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Ron Boetger" <rboetger@bblink.net> wrote in message
>I have a user with a new laptop that is running Windows Vista Home
> Edition. He as able to plug into the corporate system and get to the
> internet with no problem. We purchased a new Linksys Wireless Router
> for his home. He is able to connect with the wireless in his laptop
> but NOT with a patch cord.
>
> My laptop running Windows Vista Business Edition is able to connect
> both with the Wireless and with a patch cable.
>
> Any Ideas what is going on?

Ron Boetger

Re: Unidentified Network direct connect BUT ok with Wireless
I will try and find a upgrade to the NIC, But why can he connect at
the office and not at home? I could see the NIC being a problem but I
would think the laptop would not connect at both sites.

Thanks

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 17:36:34 -0600, "Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)"
<noreply@chicagotech.net> wrote:

>I would upgrade the NIC driver first. Or this search result may help. Please
>post back with the result.
>
>Resolution of Vista Unidentified NetworkThe Vista Unidentified Network or
>Limited Connectivity could be hardware, TCP/IP configuration or security
>issues. The following are some resolutions. ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/vista/uni...irdnetwork.htm

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Unidentified Network direct connect BUT ok with Wireless
Another option is installing Microsoft update.

--

>I will try and find a upgrade to the NIC, But why can he connect at
> the office and not at home? I could see the NIC being a problem but I
> would think the laptop would not connect at both sites.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 17:36:34 -0600, "Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)"
> <noreply@chicagotech.net> wrote:
>
>>I would upgrade the NIC driver first. Or this search result may help.
>>Please
>>post back with the result.
>>
>>Resolution of Vista Unidentified Network

The Vista Unidentified Network or
>>Limited Connectivity could be hardware, TCP/IP configuration or security
>>issues. The following are some resolutions. ...
>> http://www.chicagotech.net/vista/uni...irdnetwork.htm

Ron Boetger

Re: Unidentified Network direct connect BUT ok with Wireless
I am pretty sure that I did that. I am on site Friday I will check.

Is there any know issues with Linksys Wireless Routers?

Thanks.

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:51:17 -0600, "Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)"