Vista Premium Desktop an Windows XP Laptop

JJ

Vista Premium Desktop an Windows XP Laptop
I purchased a new HP desktop with Vista Premium and would like to use an ATT
2wire Gateway Router to do my updates on my laptop so I don't have to keep
diconecting the Erthenet cord. I do not know if I have the right software in
my new desktop to use this Router. I have wireless on my laptop. Both PCs are
HP Pavillion. I am not a tech on PC info so please keep it simple. I looked
at my order form for desktop an see nothing listed as to wireless capability.
In Devices in Control Panel the only thing that shows up when I open is Intel
(R) Pro/100 VE Network Connection. My ATT router will be here 12/18/07 , so
if I need to add anything to my desktop I can get that done before I install
my router. Thanks Friends for your help an have a safe and great holiday.
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista Premium Desktop an Windows XP Laptop
Continue to hook your desktop up with an Ethernet Cable.

You need to use your cabled desktop to set up a wireless network for your
laptop!

After you get the Router and Desktop hooked up, go into the Router via its
IP address, log into it with the supplied username and password.

You can set up your internet connection there as well by typing in your
ISP's given username and password.

Then enable Wireless(if it is disabled), create a SSID Network, and set up a
WPA(at least) Security Key for the Network.

Once that is done, go to vista comp>Start>connect to> you should see the
name of your wireless network> type in the Security Key> away you go!!!