Slow when Transfering files from win2k/winXp/Win2k3 server to Vist

kurshid razzak

Slow when Transfering files from win2k/winXp/Win2k3 server to Vist
My office network has several versions of windows running along the network.
I got a new laptop with vista business.
When I try to transfer shared files from/to the other computers aether
trough the WLAN or LAN in my network it takes too long. But when i do it
between the others it's fast.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Slow when Transfering files from win2k/winXp/Win2k3 server to Vist
You may want to disable the automatic adjustment for the TCP window size?
This search result may help,

Vista Slow IssuesVista business slow accessing domain resources ... I have a
mix of machines running on an SBS domain. (XP, Mac, and Vista > > business)
Two are Vista . ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaslow.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"kurshid razzak" <kurshid razzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My office network has several versions of windows running along the
> network.
> I got a new laptop with vista business.
> When I try to transfer shared files from/to the other computers aether
> trough the WLAN or LAN in my network it takes too long. But when i do it
> between the others it's fast.

kurshid razzak

Re: Slow when Transfering files from win2k/winXp/Win2k3 server to
Robert how do i disable it?

can you give me the steps to follow?

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> You may want to disable the automatic adjustment for the TCP window size?
> This search result may help,
>
> Vista Slow IssuesVista business slow accessing domain resources ... I have a
> mix of machines running on an SBS domain. (XP, Mac, and Vista > > business)
> Two are Vista . ...
> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaslow.htm
>

> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "kurshid razzak" <kurshid razzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My office network has several versions of windows running along the
> > network.
> > I got a new laptop with vista business.
> > When I try to transfer shared files from/to the other computers aether
> > trough the WLAN or LAN in my network it takes too long. But when i do it
> > between the others it's fast.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Slow when Transfering files from win2k/winXp/Win2k3 server to
Try this command: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

--

> Robert how do i disable it?
>
> can you give me the steps to follow?
>

> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> You may want to disable the automatic adjustment for the TCP window size?
>> This search result may help,
>>
>> Vista Slow IssuesVista business slow accessing domain resources ... I
>> have a
>> mix of machines running on an SBS domain. (XP, Mac, and Vista > >
>> business)
>> Two are Vista . ...
>> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaslow.htm
>>

>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>

>> "kurshid razzak" <kurshid razzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > My office network has several versions of windows running along the
>> > network.
>> > I got a new laptop with vista business.
>> > When I try to transfer shared files from/to the other computers aether
>> > trough the WLAN or LAN in my network it takes too long. But when i do
>> > it
>> > between the others it's fast.

kurshid razzak

Re: Slow when Transfering files from win2k/winXp/Win2k3 server to
Robert i'm using ipv4.

just tried the command you gave me and the result was

"Set global command failed on IPv4 The requested operation requires
elevation."

what do I do now?

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Try this command: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "kurshid razzak" <kurshidrazzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Robert how do i disable it?
> >
> > can you give me the steps to follow?
> >

> > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> You may want to disable the automatic adjustment for the TCP window size?
> >> This search result may help,
> >>
> >> Vista Slow IssuesVista business slow accessing domain resources ... I
> >> have a
> >> mix of machines running on an SBS domain. (XP, Mac, and Vista > >
> >> business)
> >> Two are Vista . ...
> >> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaslow.htm
> >>

> >> --
> >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> >>

> >> "kurshid razzak" <kurshid razzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Slow when Transfering files from win2k/winXp/Win2k3 server to
You need to Run as administrator. These search results may help.

Set command failed requested ...... you may receive this messgae: "Set
global command failed on IPv4 The requested operation requires elevation".
Resolution: You need to run it as ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=1619 - Similar pages

Solved: Vista Remote Desktop Slow ...
If you receive messgae: "Set global command failed on IPv4 The
requested operation requires elevation", check this post: ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/.../viewt...asc&highlight=

--

> Robert i'm using ipv4.
>
> just tried the command you gave me and the result was
>
> "Set global command failed on IPv4 The requested operation requires
> elevation."
>
> what do I do now?
>
> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Try this command: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
>>
>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>

>> "kurshid razzak" <kurshidrazzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Robert how do i disable it?
>> >
>> > can you give me the steps to follow?

kurshid razzak

Re: Slow when Transfering files from win2k/winXp/Win2k3 server to
Hi Robert,

I just made it to desable it.

tks.

hope it solves my problem now.
regards

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> You need to Run as administrator. These search results may help.
>
> Set command failed requested ...... you may receive this messgae: "Set
> global command failed on IPv4 The requested operation requires elevation".
> Resolution: You need to run it as ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=1619 - Similar pages
>
> Solved: Vista Remote Desktop Slow ...
> If you receive messgae: "Set global command failed on IPv4 The
> requested operation requires elevation", check this post: ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/.../viewt...asc&highlight=
>

> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "kurshid razzak" <kurshidrazzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Robert i'm using ipv4.
> >
> > just tried the command you gave me and the result was
> >
> > "Set global command failed on IPv4 The requested operation requires
> > elevation."
> >
> > what do I do now?
> >
> > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Try this command: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> >>

> >> "kurshid razzak" <kurshidrazzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

kurshid razzak

Re: Slow when Transfering files from win2k/winXp/Win2k3 server to
Hi Robert
I managed to set the global but no improvementd could be found how to i undo
the change??

at the moment the status is netsh interface tcp set global
autotuninglevel=disabled

how to i able it???

"kurshid razzak" wrote:

> Robert i'm using ipv4.
>
> just tried the command you gave me and the result was
>
> "Set global command failed on IPv4 The requested operation requires
> elevation."
>
> what do I do now?
>
> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Try this command: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
> >
> > --
> > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
> > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
> > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> >

> > "kurshid razzak" <kurshidrazzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Robert how do i disable it?
> > >
> > > can you give me the steps to follow?

javelin

Re: Slow when Transfering files from win2k/winXp/Win2k3 server to
I tried the command, "netsh interface tcp set global
autotuninglevel=disabled ", but I received the following:

"The following command was not found: interface tcp set global
autotuninglevel=di
sabled."

What I get with my connection is slow mouse response time. If I double
click a shortcut, nothing happens for 10 seconds, but if I press the
control key (or any other), the response is instantaneous. This makes
me think there's a device issue. BTW, it all works great on my XP
system, this whole issue is with my new system having Vista Ultimate
installed. Also, it happens only on one remote server. Connection to
the other remote server is working fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.