Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

New performance and reliability update.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
MICHAEL
 

Posts: n/a
New performance and reliability update.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This is a reliability update. This update resolves some performance and reliability issues in
Windows Vista.

More info;
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943899
December 11, 2007

Also from Microsoft's Nick White;
http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...ble-today.aspx


-Michael


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
Meinolf Weber
 

Posts: n/a
Re: New performance and reliability update.
Hello Michael,

KEEP IN MIND:

This is a preview release. At the conclusion of this preview phase, the final
version of the update will be released via Windows Update. This update is
provided to you and licensed under the Windows Vista License Terms.


Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...=A23E4401-74B7
> -4987-96AB-86735F718A8E&displaylang=en
>
> This is a reliability update. This update resolves some performance
> and reliability issues in Windows Vista.
>
> More info;
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943899
> December 11, 2007
> Also from Microsoft's Nick White;
> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...007/12/11/impr
> oving-reliability-and-performance-update-preview-release-available-tod
> ay.aspx
> -Michael
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
MICHAEL
 

Posts: n/a
Re: New performance and reliability update.
"MICHAEL" <u158627_emr2@dslr.net> wrote in message
news:eOLH0jVPIHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
>
> This is a reliability update. This update resolves some performance and reliability issues in
> Windows Vista.
>
> More info;
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943899
> December 11, 2007
>
> Also from Microsoft's Nick White;
> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...ble-today.aspx


This update will not work for those who have installed
SP1 RC1. According to Nick White, it will be included in
SP1 RTM.

At the Vista blog, I saw three users post that the update
didn't go well... use with caution and with a full backup
available. Or, you might have to reinstall. I have applied
this update on two Vista machines and I have encountered
no problems. I've installed SP1 RC1 on another computer,
and this update will not install as others stated on the Vista
blog.


-Michael

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
MICHAEL
 

Posts: n/a
Re: New performance and reliability update.
Isn't everything about Vista just one big "preview phase"?

But, you are correct to remind users of this little gem.
These Vista "reliability" updates have been like that
from the beginning.... they appreciate the guinea pigs.

However, Microsoft certainly doesn't point that out at this link;

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943899
<quote>
How to obtain this update

This update is available from the Windows Update Web site:
http://update.microsoft.com (http://update.microsoft.com)

You can also download the update package and then manually apply it. The following files are
available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:

Update for Windows Vista, 32-bit versions
Download the Update for Windows Vista package now.
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...B-86735F718A8E)

Update for Windows Vista, 64-bit versions
Download the Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems package now.
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...8-5CBC7D421C86)
</quote>

-Michael

"Meinolf Weber" <meiweb(nospam)@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:ff16fb6673c0f8ca0b7a1daba5c0@msnews.microsoft .com...
> Hello Michael,
>
> KEEP IN MIND:
>
> This is a preview release. At the conclusion of this preview phase, the final version of the
> update will be released via Windows Update. This update is provided to you and licensed under
> the Windows Vista License Terms.
>
>
> Best regards
>
> Meinolf Weber
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...=A23E4401-74B7
>> -4987-96AB-86735F718A8E&displaylang=en
>>
>> This is a reliability update. This update resolves some performance
>> and reliability issues in Windows Vista.
>>
>> More info;
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943899
>> December 11, 2007
>> Also from Microsoft's Nick White;
>> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...007/12/11/impr
>> oving-reliability-and-performance-update-preview-release-available-tod
>> ay.aspx
>> -Michael
>>

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2007
Frankie
 

Posts: n/a
RE: New performance and reliability update.
I noticed that on the download page of this update
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943899) there are two versions of this
update:
one for Vista 32-bit version and the other one for Vista 64-bit version

I know that my computer came with Vista premium, but how could I tell if
it's the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version? any suggestions?

thanks


"MICHAEL" wrote:

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
>
> This is a reliability update. This update resolves some performance and reliability issues in
> Windows Vista.
>
> More info;
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943899
> December 11, 2007
>
> Also from Microsoft's Nick White;
> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...ble-today.aspx
>
>
> -Michael
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2007
Mhzjunkie
 

Posts: n/a
Re: New performance and reliability update.
Frankie spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself:

> I noticed that on the download page of this update
> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943899) there are two versions of
> this update:
> one for Vista 32-bit version and the other one for Vista 64-bit
> version
>
> I know that my computer came with Vista premium, but how could I tell
> if it's the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version? any suggestions?
>
> thanks
>
>
> "MICHAEL" wrote:
>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
>>
>> This is a reliability update. This update resolves some performance
>> and reliability issues in Windows Vista.
>>
>> More info;
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943899
>> December 11, 2007
>>
>> Also from Microsoft's Nick White;
>> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...ble-today.aspx
>>
>>
>> -Michael


Right click "Computer" and look under the "System" section. Mine says
"System type: 32-bit Operating System".

--
Mhzjunkie

1 PRINT "Windows Vista ERROR"
GOTO 1
END

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2007
Mhzjunkie
 

Posts: n/a
Re: New performance and reliability update.
Frankie spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself:

> I noticed that on the download page of this update
> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943899) there are two versions of
> this update:
> one for Vista 32-bit version and the other one for Vista 64-bit
> version
>
> I know that my computer came with Vista premium, but how could I tell
> if it's the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version? any suggestions?
>
> thanks
>
>
> "MICHAEL" wrote:
>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
>>
>> This is a reliability update. This update resolves some performance
>> and reliability issues in Windows Vista.
>>
>> More info;
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943899
>> December 11, 2007
>>
>> Also from Microsoft's Nick White;
>> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...ble-today.aspx
>>
>>
>> -Michael


That should have been right click "Computer" then go to "Properties" then
look under the "System" section.

--
Mhzjunkie

1 PRINT "Windows Vista ERROR"
GOTO 1
END

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New performance and reliability update. MICHAEL microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 12-18-2007 06:49
New performance and reliability update. MICHAEL microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 6 12-18-2007 06:49
An update that improves the performance, responsiveness, and reliability of Windows Vista is available BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 12-13-2007 02:21
Improving reliability and performance: Update preview release available today Paul Windows Vista Team Blog 0 12-11-2007 23:20
Installing Performance and Reliability update gives error mrog microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 4 09-19-2007 18:20




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:06.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120